5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover what Cozumel has to offer with this snorkeling tour and Playa Mia Grand Beach Park combo. You'll travel by boat to the Cozumel reef system for snorkeling and visit El Cielo, aka "Heaven," a starfish sanctuary amid the clear water. Then head to one of the island's most popular beach destinations for a buffet and open bar, followed by time to play in the water or on the beach.
- Enjoy two Cozumel outdoor experiences in one day
- Discover the island's marine life with provided snorkeling gear
- Sip beer and rum punch on board with an open bar available after snorkeling
- Visit Playa Mia Grand Beach Park for a buffet, domestic open bar, and access to kayaks, lounge chairs, waterslides, and much more
Saved to wishlist!
Marine Transportation to snorkeling sites and Playa Mia
Playa Mia’s certified snorkeling vessel
Visit to Colombia and Palancar Reefs
Snorkel life vest
All Fees and Taxes
Full snorkeling gear, new snorkel tubes
Water and sodas
Rum punch and margaritas will be served after snorkel activity on board
Departure & Return
Av. Rafael E. Melgar, Centro, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour operates from Monday to Saturday.
- Participants must comply with all of the instructions given by the vessel’s captain and/or his crew.
- Participants must comply with all instructions given by tour guides at all times.
- Participants must comply with the Cozumel Reefs National Marine Park rules of use.
- All participants must be self-sufficient proficient Swimmers and in good health.
- All participants must be able to stay afloat for 90-minute or more.
- Participants must be able to descend and ascend boat ladder(s) for the snorkeling activity.
- The use of a LIFE VEST during the snorkeling activity is MANDATORY, No exception.
- This tour is not an available tour for people in wheelchair.
- All participants must sign a Waiver.
- Minimum age for snorkeling is 8 years old.
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied, directly supervised and cared by a Responsible Companion, Parent(s) or Legal Guardian at all times.
- Alcoholic Beverages will be served only AFTER the Snorkeling activity.
- Legal drinking age in Mexico is 18 years old. Minors will not be served alcohol, even with parental consent.
- Playa Mia may require, at its sole discretion, a valid photo ID as proof of age for the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Playa Mia reserves the right to refuse service of alcoholic beverages to guests that appear intoxicated, are unruly or underage.
- This is a STRENUOUS activity level excursion.
- Maximum weight is 250 LB / 115 KG to snorkel.
- The number of non-motorized water toys offered complies with Cozumel’s National Marine Park regulations.
- The participation in any and/or all of the services and attractions offered by the Tour Operator are entirely at the guest’s sole discretion, risk and responsibility.
- THIS TOUR IS NOT ALLOWED FOR NON-SWIMMERS, PEOPLE UNDER MEDICATION SUCH AS ANTIDEPRESSANTS, LITHIUM, RECENT SURGERIES, BETA-BLOCKERS OR BASE (VEIN) CONSTRICTORS OR IMPAIRED FOR PREGNANCY, ASTHMA, HEART CONDITIONS, DIABETES, SEIZURES, RESPIRATORY CONDITIONS, BLOOD PRESSURE CONDITIONS, BACK/NECK/LIMB/JOINT INJURIES, OR THOSE WITH MOBILITY LIMITATIONS/ ANY LIMITATION ON MOTOR SKILLS.
- IMPORTANT: Playa Mia is committed to protecting the ocean environment and Cozumel’s vast coral reefs; therefore, the use of any type of sunscreen, sunblock, or suntan lotion which could eventually make its way into the ocean is no longer allowed. We suggest the use of long-sleeved UV-filtering shirts, hats, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun. Coral, fish and all other sea creatures thank you for your cooperation! We strongly recommend, DO NOT TOUCH THE MARINE LIFE.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- People with anxiety problems.
- Crew will remind guests to keep physical distance during reception and brief.
- Health screening of guest at the pier will be made through a quick test including temperature checking,
- Any guest showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing, and sneezing will be excluded from the tour
- Each guest will be asked to sign a declaration of health upon arrival
- We will allow healthy people to enjoy the tour; the crew will encourage guests to use a face mask/face covering upon arrival. Due to local government policies, the use of face mask/face covering is mandatory.
- Guests must wear face mask/face coverings in common areas, near other guests, and when interacting with crew. Due to local government policies, the use of face mask/face covering is mandatory
- Whether guests opt for wearing or not masks/face coverings onboard, the crew should assess with their training the appropriate guideline, because some face masks/face coverings may become a loose-article hazard, interfere with the safe operation of the boat, or jeopardize the safety and wellbeing of others
- On board, the crew will provide each guest antibacterial gel (containing at least 70% alcohol) upon arrival
- We will have markers indicating the safe physical distance our guests and team members must keep between each other. Besides, we will mark physical distancing space with signs to allow individuals or family units to have safe space from each other.
- Markings or signs will help guests to understand what is expected.
- We will provide additional hand sanitizing dispensers help to reduce the possible spread of viruses and bacteria
- We will encourage guest to follow the handwashing protocol and the importance of frequent handwashing with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after the snorkel activity
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 75 travelers
- OPERATED BY Playa Mia Grand Beach Park
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cozumel Snorkel By Catamaran & Beach?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Cozumel Snorkel By Catamaran & Beach?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cozumel Snorkel By Catamaran & Beach?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cozumel Snorkel By Catamaran & Beach?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
What is the maximum group size during Cozumel Snorkel By Catamaran & Beach?
This activity will have a maximum of 75 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Cozumel Snorkel By Catamaran & Beach.
See all safety measures taken by Cozumel Snorkel By Catamaran & Beach.
Explore Similar Things to Do
SnorkelingWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesCozumelSnorkeling - Riviera Maya & the YucatanSnorkeling - Playa del CarmenSnorkeling - TulumCategory
Tormentos ReefCorona Beach (Playa Corona)Paradise Reef (Paraíso Reef)Santa Rosa WallRoyal Castle (Castillo Real)Cozumel Reefs National Marine ParkColumbia ReefPlaya Uvas Beach ClubThe Mayan Cacao CompanyPlaya Mia Grand Beach ParkAkumalChankanaab Adventure Beach ParkDiscover Mexico Park CozumelEl CedralEl Caracol (Zona Arqueológica El Caracol)San Gervasio Mayan RuinsPalancar Reef