- Take a bullock cart ride, and see how villagers typically get around
- Go on a scenic cruise of the nearby lake on a canoe-like boat
- Stop for a traditional buffet-style lunch made by Hiriwadunnan women (own expense)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Colombo
- Port of Colombo කොළඹ වරාය கொழும்பு துறைமுகம், 19 Chaithya Rd, Colombo 00100, Sri Lanka
What To Expect
Your first stop is in Dambulla at the Sigiriya rock fortress. You can climb to the top of the fortress or further explore the ruins of this ancient civilization.
After your time here, continue on to the village of Hiriwadunna. Walk along the reservoir before taking a bullock ride around to see views of the village. Then, your guide takes you on a short boat cruise on a nearby lake.
Rest up, and enjoy a buffet-style lunch made by the women of the village (own expense). Follow your guide, and journey by rickshaw back the original starting point of your tour where you’ll get escorted back to your hotel in Colombo. Arrive in Colombo in late evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Sigiriya Rock and Village Tour from Colombo.