5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Dining in a local home is one of the best ways to get beneath the surface of a new city, but a family meal is a rare experience for most visitors. Take a deep dive into the culture and cuisine of Coimbatore with this tour of the market followed by a cooking demonstration at your host’s home. Sample traditional South Indian dishes while you savor warm Indian hospitality around the table.
- Experience authentic Indian hospitality in a local family home
- Walk through the bustling local market with your host
- See how classic South Indian recipes are prepared
- Dine on traditional dishes like vindaloos, kurmas, and Kerala-style breads
Saved to wishlist!
Vegetable side dishes
Appam: South Indian bread
Tender coconut pudding
Lunch or Dinner
Private market tour and cooking class with your host Jaswant
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Market Tour and Cooking Experience in Coimbatore with a Local?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Market Tour and Cooking Experience in Coimbatore with a Local?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Market Tour and Cooking Experience in Coimbatore with a Local?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Market Tour and Cooking Experience in Coimbatore with a Local?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 7626P83
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeCoimbatoreCooking Classes - Tamil NaduCooking Classes - KochiCooking Classes - MaduraiCategory