Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up available from your accommodation in Cluj or any other spot in the city.
At the time of booking, please give us the address at which we can meet you.
We'll keep you informed about the pick up time.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- The order of the visits may differ.
- The constant temperature inside the salt mine is 10-12° C. Appropriate clothing recommended.
- Given that there are stairs to go down and up in the salt mine, we recommend non-slippery shoes and, if possible, no high heels.
- Not recommended to visit the salt mine if:
- under age 3 and over 65; (children between the ages of 2 and 3 and those over the age of 65 have access to the saline with the advice of the doctor)
- asthma severe persistent form; asthma; asthma crisis complications - atelectasia, pulmonary emphysema, pneumothorax, respiratory acidosis; complications related to medication - severe bronchospasm, severe allergic reactions
- COPD complications - acute respiratory failure, chronic decompensated pulmonary cord, pneumothorax;
- TB regardless of stage;
- pulmonary neoplasia;
- acute ENT disorders - rhinopharyngitis, tracheobronchitis, acute pneumonia;
- cardiovascular disease (stage III HTA, recent myocardial infarction, frequent seizure angina, chronic decompensated pulmonary cord), grade II-III cardiac insufficiency,
- digestive disorders - acute hyperacid gastritis, acute hepatitis, acute cholecystitis;
- acute renal disease, bladder / kidney lithiasis;
- decompensated diabetes mellitus;
- collagenosis, acute / chronic rheumatic diseases in inflammatory puse;
- peripheral and central neurological disorders (craniocerebral trauma, cerebral abscess, stroke, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, epilepsy)
- third-quarter pregnancy
- anxiety-depressive syndrome; claustrophobia;- postoperatively for a period of 1-2 months.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY SC CARPATINO TOURS SRL
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Best of Transylvania (3 days, from Cluj).