Are you interested in?
Lake Michigan Tours
6 Tours & Activities
17 Tours & Activities
Cruises & Sailing
21 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
If you’ve ever dreamed of sailing away on your own private sailboat, this is the perfect excursion for you. You and up to five other invited guests will have the exclusive use of a sailboat, complete with captain and crew for the duration of your tour. Sail on Lake Michigan and enjoy the sights of Chicago’s striking skyline. If you want, you could even take a turn at the helm.
- The choice is yours: morning, afternoon or evening departures available
- BYOB, but no glass containers. Keep cool with included ice and fridge
- Itineraries are fully customizable to your group’s interests
- Bring a Blue tooth enabled device to get your tunes playing
Saved to wishlist!
Professional US Coast Guard licensed captain
Use of Bluetooth speakers
All applicable taxes
Food and Drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointCome Sailing, Inc., Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All charter are NON-SMOKING. Use of any tobacco products, cigars, pipes, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vapor devices, etc. are strictly prohibited. Use of any of these products may result in a non-refundable, early termination of your charter and the assessment of a cleaning fee.
- Customers and guests are allowed to bring and consume reasonable amounts of alcoholic beverages within the bounds of Illinois State law.
- Glass containers are prohibited. Please do not bring them.
- Customers and guests are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Any behavior determined by the captain to be inappropriate (lewd, offensive, unsafe, etc.) may result in a non-refundable, early termination of your charter.
- No guns, knives, or weapons of any kind are allowed on board our vessels at any time. Bringing any of these prohibited items aboard may result in a non-refundable, early termination of your charter.
- Swimming is not allowed during this charter.
- Food and beverages may be consumed on deck. Please clean up any spilled food or beverage and take your garbage with you. A cleaning fee may be assessed for excessive spillage.
- Any person that experiences seasickness must remain on deck. The cabin area below deck is NOT an appropriate place for any person to deal with seasickness. A cleaning fee will be assessed for any person vomiting anywhere in the below deck cabin area of the sailboat, including the “head”/bathroom.
- Cleaning fees will be equivalent to the standard, full price of your charter.
- The captain reserves the right to cancel a charter at any time for reasons of weather, mechanical failure, or safety. Charters will be rescheduled at the customer’s convenience.
- Gift Certificates may not be redeemed for cash. Gift certificates may be used to purchase products and services offered by Come Sailing, Inc. Gift certificate will expire one year from the date of purchase. The terms “gift voucher” and “gift certificate” have the same meaning and are used interchangeably throughout our website.
- The late arrival of customers and guests may result in a shortened charter sail without refund or adjustment to price.
- Boarding any sailboats operated by Come Sailing, Inc. is your implied consent to be filmed, photographed, and recorded. Furthermore, by boarding any of our sailboats you are granting Come Sailing, Inc., their agents, successors, assignees and affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and representatives the right and permission to use such film, photographs and recordings and to use your name, voice, image, and likeness for the purpose of promoting Come Sailing, Inc. and its related services. You further agree that you will not receive any financial compensation or cash payment for the rights or permissions granted by you.
- In such case that you are the parent or guardian of any minor child that has accompanied you aboard our sailboat, you further consent to the foregoing on behalf of such minor child.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- COVID-19 FACE MASK POLICY - ALL passengers are REQUIRED to wear face masks covering both their nose and their mouth. If, for any reason, you are unable or unwilling to wear a face mask, please do not book a charter with our company. Masks are not provided, please bring your own. The captain and crew are REQUIRED to wear face masks covering both their nose and their mouth. The captain will explain the rules under which passengers will be allowed to temporarily remove their masks in order to enjoy the fresh lake breeze. Only under those rules and only with the captain's approval may passengers temporarily remove their masks. Passengers will don their again masks immediately upon request of the captain.
- COVID-19 SOCIAL DISTANCING POLICY - We have cancelled all of our semi-private shared sailing experiences for the 2020 season because of the lack of social distancing space aboard our sailboats. Social distancing within your own group during your private sailing charter is at your discretion and is your responsibility. In order to safely sail and maneuver the boat the captain and crew will need to around the boat and may be in close proximity to you for short moments of time. The captain may request passengers to move to certain parts of the boat at different times to minimize the amount of time spent in close proximity.
- COVID-19 SICK PEOPLE SHOULD STAY AT HOME POLICY - People who are sick should STAY AT HOME. We will see you when you feel better. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, the flu, or any other potentially contagious disease are not permitted on our sailboats. PLEASE STAY AT HOME. All passengers agree to self-diagnose and not board any of our sailboats if they have any symptoms of COVID-19, the flu, or any other potentially contagious disease. Anyone who has been exposed to persons with symptoms of COVID-19, the flu, or any other potentially contagious disease are not permitted on our sailboats. PLEASE STAY AT HOME.
- COVID-19 RESTRICTED ACCESS TO CABIN POLICY - Due the COVID-19 pandemic, it is necessary for us to restrict passenger access to the cabin and spaces below deck. Therefore, please keep the following in mind: Passengers will not be allowed below deck (in the cabin). Passengers will NOT have access to the restroom. Please use public restrooms on shore PRIOR to boarding. Passengers will NOT be allowed to store food or drinks in the sailboat refrigerator. If you must keep things cold, please bring a small cooler. Passengers will NOT be allowed to store personal belongings or food below deck (in the cabin). Please minimize personal belongings as storage is very limited. Please consider NOT bringing a bunch of food and beverages. We suggest a small personal water bottle for hydration and, if necessary, individually wrapped snacks like granola bars.
- COVID-19 ICE AND WATER POLICY - We will not be able to provide ice for charters this year. If you need ice, please plan to bring it. We will have bottle of water available. However, we would encourage you to bring your own water and help us reserve these bottles of water for emergency hydration.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Come Sailing, Inc.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
What is the maximum group size during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
This activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago.
See all safety measures taken by Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago.
Product code: 46250P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWater ToursDay CruisesSailingFull-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChicagoCity Tours - IllinoisWater Tours - IllinoisDay Cruises - IllinoisSailing - IllinoisFull-day Tours - IllinoisCity Tours - ClevelandWater Tours - ClevelandDay Cruises - ClevelandSailing - ClevelandFull-day Tours - ClevelandCity Tours - NashvilleWater Tours - NashvilleDay Cruises - NashvilleSailing - NashvilleFull-day Tours - NashvilleCategory
Driehaus MuseumMarquette Building360 Chicago Observation Deck (Formerly John Hancock Observatory)Tommy Gun's GarageLookingglass Theatre CompanyHyde ParkFrederick C. Robie HouseChicago Loop Jackson ParkHarold Washington Library Center (Chicago Public Library)Museum of Science and IndustryChicago Picasso (The Picasso)Chicago History MuseumUniversity of ChicagoMarina CityLEGOLAND® Discovery Center ChicagoLincoln Park ConservatoryThe Magnificent MileWrigley BuildingLincoln Monument