Explore our promoted experiences
- Historic Chicago Loop Skyscrapers
- See Chicago architecture
- Guided walking tour through historic Chicago - see the earliest skyscrapers, built between the 1870s and the 1930s
- Learn about the architects who influenced the city's architecture
Departure & Return
This tour meets at 410 S. Michigan Ave., outside the Fine Arts Building.
Monadnock Building. Actual ending location may vary.
What To Expect
Visit the following buildings, among others:
• The Rookery, a National Historic Landmark
• The Auditorium Building, a Louis Sullivan masterpiece
• Chicago Board of Trade Building, one of the city's finest examples of Art Deco architectureYour tour ends back at its departure point after 2 hours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour will depart from the Fine Arts Building, 410 S Michigan Ave.
- Tour Guides are trained and certified by the CAC. As volunteers, they are exceptionally motivated, enthusiastic, and capable interpreters of Chicago's world-class architectural legacy. CAC tours are the real deal - narrated, but not scripted, led by Chicago enthusiasts.
- Not recommended for young children.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The Chicago Architecture Center or CAC (formerly the Chicago Architecture Foundation, CAF) is at the south end of the Magnificent Mile near the intersection of Michigan and Wacker.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Chicago Architecture Center
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands