- Explore Chicago's 'dark side' on an evening crime history tour
- Learn about Chicago's most famous gangsters like Al Capone and Frank Nitti
- See notorious crime sites like the scene of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre
- Tour famous landmarks like The Burwood Tap and Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse
- Great introduction into the Windy City's colorful crime history
Departure & Return
Bus pickup OUTSIDE 163 E. Pearson (SE side of Pearson St and Michigan Ave). Report 10 minutes early for check-in. Bus departs on time. Look for the tour guide at the bus.
What To Expect
Follow in the footsteps of gangsters like Dean O’Banion, John Dillinger, Al Capone, and Frank Nitti, learning about their connection to Chicago and the scenes of some of their most infamous criminal acts. Imagine the blood-soaked crime scene of the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre as you visit the former site of this famous gangster shootout, and then learn about “The Enforcer’s Safe” and tunnels. At each stop you’ll have time to get off the bus and take a look around.
Before finishing the trip you’ll also get to visit the Biograph Theater and see Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse. You’ll finish back at your original starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Masks are required on the bus. Please bring your own.
- Please advise at the time of booking if wheelchair assistance is needed in the Special Requirements field. Bus is able to hold collapsible wheelchairs but it is NOT equipped with an electronic lift.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early for check-in
- Eating or drinking is not allowed on the bus.
- Please do not attend the tour if you are sick or have been with someone who is sick.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 39 travelers
- OPERATED BY Chicago Crime Tours and Experiences LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- "I would recommend the tour to out of town guests as well as locals." See review