10 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
One of Tamil Nadu’s last remaining forts, the 16th-century Gingee Fort was dubbed “Troy of the East” by the British. Today, the stunning ruins serve as Tamil film backdrops, but few foreigners make it to Gingee, which was once closed to the public. Constructed during the Vijayanagara Empire and set high on a rocky hillside, the fort contains three impressive citadels and a massive fortified wall. Learn about its incredible history on this exclusive guided tour.
- A private tour of Gingee Fort, “Troy of the East”
- Take a peek at the fort’s atmospheric interior
- Wander through prison cells, the old marriage hall, and more
- Learn how guards would defend against invaders
- Pose for photos by stunning scenery
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Chennai
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Round-trip private transfer
Transport by private vehicle
Toll & Parking Charges
Food and drinks
Entrance Fees (wherever it's necessary)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your driver and vehicle details will be sent to you in message (you are requested to please contact your hotel concierge / bell desk / front desk to call the driver from car parking area to portico (entrance) at your pick-up time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Uvamai Niche Tourism
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Trip to Visit Gingee Fort from Chennai
10 to 12 hours
2 hours 20 minutes
1 hour 20 minutes
3 hours 5 minutes
1 hour 35 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChennaiCoimbatoreBus Tours - Tamil NaduArchaeology Tours - Tamil NaduHistorical Tours - Tamil NaduFull-day Tours - Tamil NaduBus Tours - PondicherryArchaeology Tours - PondicherryHistorical Tours - PondicherryFull-day Tours - PondicherryBus Tours - ThanjavurArchaeology Tours - ThanjavurHistorical Tours - ThanjavurFull-day Tours - ThanjavurCategory
Kovalam Beach (Covelong Beach)Velankanni Church (Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health)Elliot's Beach (Besant Nagar Beach)Kapaleeshwarar TempleRipon BuildingArignar Anna Zoological Park (Vandalur Zoo)VGP Snow KingdomLittle Mount & St Thomas Mount (Chinnamalai & Parangi Malai)Luz Church (Shrine of Our Lady of Light)Ashtalakshmi TempleKalakshetra FoundationVGP Universal KingdomNational Art GalleryCholamandal Artists’ VillageShirdi Sai Baba TempleKanchipuramSt. Andrew’s Church (The Kirk)AurovilleBesant NagarMahabalipuram (Mamallapuram)