13 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Gallic culture and history is alive and well in the old French colony of Pondicherry, a short day trip from Chennai. With this day tour, you'll not only get to walk through the historic old city, but you'll also get to visit Auroville, a gargantuan international community that has been bringing generations of people from around the world to live together in harmony since it was founded in the 1960s.
- Visit Pondicherry and Auroville with this day trip from Chennai
- A local guide will lead the way
- Round-trip transfers from your Chennai hotel are provided
- Lunch and entrance fees are included
Saved to wishlist!
Cultural evangelist as host and guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
All hotels in chennai
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY 5 Senses Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Day trip to Pondicherry from Chennai?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Day trip to Pondicherry from Chennai?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Day trip to Pondicherry from Chennai?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Day trip to Pondicherry from Chennai?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingChennaiBus Tours - Tamil NaduHistorical Tours - Tamil NaduFull-day Tours - Tamil NaduBus Tours - PondicherryHistorical Tours - PondicherryFull-day Tours - PondicherryBus Tours - ThanjavurHistorical Tours - ThanjavurFull-day Tours - ThanjavurCategory
Shirdi Sai Baba TempleRipon BuildingKovalam Beach (Covelong Beach)Ashtalakshmi TempleSt. Andrew’s Church (The Kirk)Valluvar KottamMGM Dizzee WorldMarina BeachVelankanni Church (Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health)Kalakshetra FoundationArmenian ChurchNational Art GalleryBesant NagarVGP Universal KingdomAurovilleMadras High CourtGovernment MuseumKanchipuramLittle Mount & St Thomas Mount (Chinnamalai & Parangi Malai)Elliot's Beach (Besant Nagar Beach)