14 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Saved to wishlist!
All Fees and Taxes
English Speaking guide
Admission to Samaria (5 € per adult, children free of charge)
Boat ticket (11 € per adult, 5.50 € per child 5-12 years old)
Personal expenses, extra beverages or meals
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Halepa Area, Chania Town, Ag. Apostoli, Kalamaki, Stalos, Ag.Marina, Platanias, Gerani, Maleme, Tavronitis, Kolympari.
Important notice: Upon reservation kindly send us the name of your hotel in order to advise the exact pick up time and point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Pick up/Drop off is conducted only is select spots in Chania. Depending on your location, you will be advised on the time and place after booking.
- Be sure to wear comfortable hiking shoes for the trek through the gorge
- It is advisable to bring the following items with you: sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- It is important to stay hydrated, so bring a bottle of water (you can refill it in the gorge's springs) and a light snack (fruits etc.)
- Υou can swim at Agia Roumeli beach just after you exit the gorge so make you have a swimsuit and beach towel with you
- Τhe entrance fee to Samaria as well as the boat fee are paid with cash on the spot
- Half way down the gorge lies the old village of Samaria, which has a telephone for communication with the police, a pharmacy, and two mules to transport injured persons.
- In the village of Samaria, take a quiet walk around and you may catch a glimpse of the endangered kri‐kri. They are usually very friendly towards people!
- Upon reservation please advise the exact name of your hotel in order to send you the exact pick up time and place
- Τhe trip is not recommended for any person with a history of knee problems, high blood pressure, cardiac and pulmonary problems, pregnant women and for anybody who suffers from vertigo/fear of heights
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fantasy Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Samaria Gorge Hiking from Chania?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "Don’t forget to pack a towel, swimsuit (there’s a place to change), and flip flops." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Samaria Gorge Hiking from Chania
12 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingChaniaBus Tours - CreteHiking - CreteNature and Wildlife - CreteFull-day Tours - CreteCategory