Explore our promoted experiences
- Guided Cartagena sightseeing shore excursion
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Cartagena with your expert guide
- Visit Cartagena's historic center for close-up views of the clock tower (Torre del Reloj) and the Cathedral of Cartagena
- Explore Plaza de Bolívar, home to the Gold Museum, Inquisition Palace and the Theater of Heredia
- Take a guided tour of Castillo San Felipe
- Covered by our worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Arrive at the legendary landmark of Castillo San Felipe (San Felipe Castle) a foreboding fortress perched upon the hilltop of San Lazaro. Explore the interior with your guide, learning about the destruction and danger experienced by the fort as you appreciate stunning views of the Caribbean coast.
Then continue for a stroll through the picturesque historic center, over which the iconic Torre de Reloj clock tower reigns supreme. Capture this significant site on camera before gaining insight into the history of Plaza de la Aduana, a site on which hundreds of slaves were traded long ago.
Next, visit the sacred San Pedro Claver Church and Plaza de Bolivar to learn about religious art, history, and the city's colonial buildings.
At the end of the tour, you are dropped off at the parking lot of the port to board your cruise ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Cartagena port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We recommend you bring comfortable clothes and shoes as well as sunscreen and a hat or cap.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- MEETING POINT: Please walk until the meeting point (don't take the shuttle bus, you will get lost). Look for a sign with your name on it. After you meet with the staff you will walk until the guide's location (you will see a small zoo inside the port)
- Meeting point at the port: please read your confirmation voucher and if you have any questions or need additional information, email the operator to get a map.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Impulse Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands