- Full-day eco-adventure swimming and snorkeling with whale sharks
- Learn about the docile whale sharks' biology and behavior
- Scenic boat ride to the site of the whale sharks' feeding ground
- Sandwiches and snacks served on the boat
- Stop at Isla Mujeres for swimming and fresh shrimp ceviche
- Snorkeling equipment included
- Round-trip transportation from Cancun hotels
Departure & Return
Marina Las Jaibas is located next door north of All ritmo hotel
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
In Punta Sam, enjoy some coffee, fruit and pastries before boarding the boat. During the 50-minute journey to the whale sharks' feeding area, get an orientation on whale shark biology and behavior. Your guide will explain how the activity will work and what you can expect.
Once at your destination, spend approximately 3 hours taking turns swimming and snorkeling with the whale sharks. Don the provided snorkeling gear and slip into the water, two people at a time, and swim with these gentle giants under the supervision of your guide.
After your snorkeling session is over, climb back onto the boat and munch on some sandwiches and snacks on the way back to the mainland. Make a stop at Isla Mujeres, where you'll take a swim in the warm, shallow water and dig in to a fresh shrimp ceviche.
Back on the mainland, get convenient drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not recommended for participants with back problems or for pregnant women
- It is not permitted to touch the whale sharks, the coral or any other marine life
- Important recommendations and bring with you: towel, change of clothes, swimming suit, sun shirt, sunglasses, sandals, and biodegradable sunblock.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY DC Explorer Isla Mujeres
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Swim with Whale Sharks in Cancun.