12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Get to know beautiful Alexandria on Egypt’s Mediterranean coast on this private full-day tour from Cairo. Leaving in the morning with an Egyptologist guide, explore this history-steeped city, established by Alexander the Great in 331 BC and once one of the world's greatest cities. Head underground into the Roman catacombs; see the triumphal Roman column that is Pompey’s Pillar; and admire the Roman amphitheater, stunning New Library of Alexandria and more. As you explore, learn about Alexandria’s incredible history and stop to enjoy an enticing lunch at a local restaurant.
- Private day trip to Alexandria from Cairo with a professional Egyptologist guide
- View Egypt’s rural heartlands on a drive to the Mediterranean coast
- See top Alexandria attractions including the Roman theater, Pompey’s Pillar and Qaitbey Citadel
- Exlore the tunnels and halls of the eerie 2nd-century Roman Catacombs
- Admire the striking sun-shaped architecture of the New Library of Alexandria
- Relax over lunch at a local restaurant
- Hear about Alexandria’s history and enjoy personalised attention from a private guide
Saved to wishlist!
Qualified Egyptologist guide
Round-trip private transfer
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed
Please send your Pickup location details
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Pyramids Land Private Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Morning Alexandria Day Tour from Cairo?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Morning Alexandria Day Tour from Cairo?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Morning Alexandria Day Tour from Cairo?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Morning Alexandria Day Tour from Cairo?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingGizaCairoBus Tours - GizaArchaeology Tours - GizaHistorical Tours - GizaFull-day Tours - GizaBus Tours - Port SaidArchaeology Tours - Port SaidHistorical Tours - Port SaidFull-day Tours - Port SaidBus Tours - AlexandriaArchaeology Tours - AlexandriaHistorical Tours - AlexandriaFull-day Tours - AlexandriaCategory
Al-Azhar MosqueMosque of Sultan Al-Mu'ayyad Islamic CairoGayer-Anderson MuseumColossus of Ramses II at MemphisAl-Rifai Mosque (Masjid Al-Rifa'i)Coptic MuseumCairo Opera HouseBabylon FortressAbu Serga (Church of St. Sergius and Bacchus)Sultan Hassan Mosque and MadrassaBen Ezra SynagogueMosque of Amr ibn Al-AsHanging Church (Al-Muallaqa)Saqqara (Sakkara)Old Cairo (Misr Al-Qadima)Pyramid of Djoser (Step Pyramid)Al-Hakim MosqueKhan Al-KhaliliAlabaster Mosque (Mosque of Muhammad Ali)