8 to 10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Spend a day away from the crowds of the capital without having to join a massive tour group. This private tour takes you a short distance southwest of Budapest to Lake Balaton, a sprawling lake surrounded by charming towns and rolling countryside. Cruise through your day at a leisurely pace with only your private guide by your side. Take a ferry cruise across the lake, walk around the historic village of Tihany (home to the 11th-century Benedictine Tihany Abbey) and enjoy the picturesque views from the Balatonfüred promenade.
- No stuffy tour buses: get around Balaton in your own private vehicle
- Fees for the ferry and the Tihany Abbey are covered by your tour costs
- Whether you’re staying in a hotel or on a cruise ship, transfers are included
- Take the family: infant seats are available and this tour is stroller accessible
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Live commentary on board
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Landing and facility fees
Food and drinks, wine tasting (appr. eur 25/person)
additional entrance fees in case they apply (if we visit the Balaton Uplands National Park, we discuss this on the tour day, this depends on weather and if you want this)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
All centrally located hotels, rentals, AirBnb-s....
- All Budapest ports
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY My Personal Budapest - Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private tour from Budapest to a top hidden treasure region of Europe: Lake Balaton
8 to 10 hours
1 hour 20 minutes
9 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursWater ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBudapestShore Excursions - BratislavaBus Tours - BratislavaWater Tours - BratislavaPorts of Call Tours - BratislavaHistorical Tours - BratislavaShore Excursions - SchwechatBus Tours - SchwechatWater Tours - SchwechatPorts of Call Tours - SchwechatHistorical Tours - SchwechatShore Excursions - ViennaBus Tours - ViennaWater Tours - ViennaPorts of Call Tours - ViennaHistorical Tours - ViennaCategory
Budapest City Park (Városliget)Kunsthalle BudapestZwack Museum and Visitors' CentreMuseum of Military History (Hadtörténeti Múzeum)Lake BalatonAndrássy Avenue (Andrássy Út)Vörösmarty Square (Vörösmarty Tér)Adam Clark Square (Clark Ádám Tér)Citadella Budapest Liberty Square (Szabadság Tér)Hungarian State Opera House (Magyar Állami Operaház)Budapest Pinball MuseumRobert Capa Contemporary Photography CenterHouse of Terror Museum (Terror Háza Múzeum)Kiscell Museum (Kiscelli Múzeum)House of Hungarian Art Nouveau (Magyar Szecesszió Háza)Sándor Palace (Sándor Palota)Holy Trinity Column (Szentháromság-Szobor)Liszt Ferenc Square (Liszt Ferenc Tér)Aquincum Museum (Aquincumi Múzeum)