8 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Spend a full day discovering the legends and beauty of Transylvania on a private castle tour from Bucharest. Visit the former summer home of the Romanian royal family at Peles Castle, a storybook estate tucked into the forest and decked out in elegant period furnishings. Then, explore the region's darker side at Gothic Bran Castle, aptly nicknamed 'Dracula's Castle' thanks to its spooky atmosphere fit for a count. End the day with a guided tour of medieval Brasov, a charming Saxon town rich in history.
- Private, full-day tour from Bucharest to Peles Castle, Bran Castle, and Brasov
- Visit two of Transylvania's most legendary castles
- Walk in the footsteps of Romanian royalty at elegant Peles Castle
- Get creeped out at Bran Castle, better known as 'Dracula's Castle'
- Tour the Black Church and the other highlights of Brasov's medieval old town
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Saved to wishlist!
Free Wi-Fi available from hot spot while in the private car
Fuel surcharge, parking fees
Driver/licensed tour guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off from Bucharest hotels
Transport by private vehicle
Entrance fees, the cost for them as follows
Peles Castle (ground floor only, 45 minutes) 30 Lei / person (discount for seniors and students available)
Peles Castle souvenir photo (extra 35 Lei / per person)
Bran Castle (including photo/video pass) 40 Lei / person (discount for seniors and students available)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please be so kind to provide a valid phone number when you book the private tour.
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Inside Peles Castle you shall be provided blue disposable shoe covers.
- Moderate amount of walking is necessary to reach Bran Castle which is on a hill.
- IMPORTANT NOTE about schedule of the Peles Castle
- For all year long the Peles Castle is NOT open on Mondays for the inside tour.
- During official holidays and weekends the traffic to the mountains area might be busier than usual, so the return could be later than scheduled (around 8 pm)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY I Travel in Romania
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Transylvanian Castles and Brasov's Medieval Old Town?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Transylvanian Castles and Brasov's Medieval Old Town?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Transylvanian Castles and Brasov's Medieval Old Town?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Transylvanian Castles and Brasov's Medieval Old Town?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 34217P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestBus Tours - WallachiaHistorical Tours - WallachiaBus Tours - OtopeniHistorical Tours - OtopeniBus Tours - BrasovHistorical Tours - BrasovCategory
Bucharest Jewish History MuseumGrigore Antipa National Museum of Natural HistoryLipscaniArcul de Triumf (Arch of Triumph)CEC Palace (Palatul CEC)Holocaust MemorialGreat Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare)Patriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church)National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)George Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)Bucharest University PalaceStavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)Victoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)National Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei)Choral Temple (Templul Coral)Romanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman)Museum of Senses Bucharest