3 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Explore Bucharest’s bohemian charm, oversized structures, and Communist legacy on a half-day city sightseeing tour. Get a taste for Romanian peasant life at the impressive, open-air Village Museum and stroll down charming Old World streets in the historic city center. Learn about Bucharest’s tumultuous modern history and see the lasting marks of Communism at Revolution Square and the world record–setting Palace of Parliament, built by former dictator Ceausescu.
- Immerse yourself in the ways of traditional Romanian country life at the open-air Village Museum
- Explore Bucharest's bohemian side in the historic city center
- Gaze at the jaw-dropping expanse of the Palace of Parliament, the world's second-largest administrative building.
- Learn about the rise and fall of Communism in the country at Revolution Square
Saved to wishlist!
Services of a professional local tour guide
Transportation by comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
Optional entrance ticket for National Village Museum - approx. 4 euro
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from Bucharest selected centrally located hotels & hostels; if pick-up is not available from your accommodation, we will establish a convenient meeting point.
Please, contact us at least 24 hours prior to the tour for establishing pick-up/meeting details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. If this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
- Children under 4 year-old cannot join group tours. Please contact us for a private tour offer.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Romania
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Bucharest Guided City Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Bucharest Guided City Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Bucharest Guided City Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Bucharest Guided City Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I highly recommend this tour to get a good layout of the city and learn a lot of history before you set out on your own to explore Bucharest and the rest of Romania on your own." See review
- "Easy to find the tour office which was fortunate as it was raining." See review
- "It was good to have the car to transport us to the various sights, allowing us to see more, including the charming village museum." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Bucharest Guided City Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursHalf-day ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestBus Tours - WallachiaCity Tours - WallachiaHalf-day Tours - WallachiaBus Tours - OtopeniCity Tours - OtopeniHalf-day Tours - OtopeniBus Tours - BrasovCity Tours - BrasovHalf-day Tours - BrasovCategory
Bucharest Jewish History Museum Tours & TicketsRomanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Senses Bucharest Tours & TicketsBucharest University Palace Tours & TicketsChoral Temple (Templul Coral) Tours & TicketsPasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Macca-Villacrosse Passage) Tours & TicketsPatriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church) Tours & TicketsCEC Palace (Palatul CEC) Tours & TicketsNational Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei) Tours & TicketsNational Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei) Tours & TicketsArcul de Triumf (Arch of Triumph) Tours & TicketsStavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos) Tours & TicketsGrigore Antipa National Museum of Natural History Tours & TicketsHolocaust Memorial Tours & TicketsVictoriei Street (Calea Victoriei) Tours & TicketsGeorge Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace) Tours & TicketsLipscani Tours & Tickets