- Cross the border into Bulgaria on a full-day tour from Bucharest
- Explore the medieval city of Veliko Tarnovo, nestled in the foothills of the Balkan Mountains
- Learn about Bulgaria's medieval history from a knowledgeable guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at centrally located hotels included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. If this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
- Please, make sure you owe all the necessary documents and permissions for crossing the border.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of the day and traffic conditions
- Children under 4 years-old cannot join shared tours. Please contact us for a private tour offer
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please note that if pick-up is not available from your accommodation you may be asked to go to a convenient meeting point
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Romania
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Things are cheaper in Bulgaria than Romania, so don't exchange too much money." See review
- "I would recommend tour guides wear name tags or give a name card, travellers are so tired we do forget names sometimes." See review
- "Be aware that there a lot of steps to climb at both the monastery and at Veliko Tărnovo but the views are outstanding." See review