12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Uncover the true history of Dracula inspiration Vlad the Impaler on this private full-day tour to sites with authentic connections to the bloodthirsty prince. Departing from Bucharest, visit the royal court of Vlad Tepes at Targoviste and climb to the top of crumbling Poenari Castle — known as the real ‘Dracula’s castle.’ You’ll also visit the former capital of Wallachia at Curtea de Arges to admire its medieval fortress, monastery and church. Throughout the day, learn about the life and legends of this captivating figure from your knowledgeable guide.
- Private, full-day authentic Dracula tour from Bucharest
- Visit historic sites with real connections to Vlad the Impaler
- See the royal court of the bloodthirsty prince at Targoviste
- Climb to the top of the real Dracula's castle at Poenari
- Admire the medieval monastery and church at Curtea de Arges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/meeting point pick-up and drop-off
Tips for the tour guide / driver
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick-up/drop-off from any hotel or accommodation in Bucharest
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- From 1st July to 30th October, we will skip Targoviste and vsee the Transfagarasan road From 30th October to 30th June Transfagarasan Road is closed and you will visit Targoviste Princely Court (open from Tuesday to Sunday)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Trip2Ro
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Day Trip True Castles of Vlad Dracula and Transfagarasan Road?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Day Trip True Castles of Vlad Dracula and Transfagarasan Road?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Day Trip True Castles of Vlad Dracula and Transfagarasan Road?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Day Trip True Castles of Vlad Dracula and Transfagarasan Road?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestBus Tours - WallachiaHistorical Tours - WallachiaFull-day Tours - WallachiaBus Tours - BrasovHistorical Tours - BrasovFull-day Tours - BrasovBus Tours - Veliko TarnovoHistorical Tours - Veliko TarnovoFull-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
LipscaniBucharest University PalaceVictoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)George Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)Patriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church)CEC Palace (Palatul CEC)Stavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)Romanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman)Romanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman)Grigore Antipa National Museum of Natural HistoryHolocaust MemorialGreat Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare)National Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei)Bucharest Jewish History MuseumNational Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)Choral Temple (Templul Coral)Museum of Senses Bucharest