12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Wander through Transylvania’s historic castles on this private day trip from Bucharest. See for yourself why Transylvania’s castles have amassed such an infamous reputation. Follow your knowledgeable guide through mysterious corridors, up spooky stairwells and into potentially haunted rooms. Along the way, you’ll learn the real stories behind these mythical buildings. See Bran Castle, where the legend of Dracula still lingers, and Peles Castle in Sinaia set in the enchanting Carpathian Mountains.
- A private day trip of Transylvania’s castles from Bucharest
- Learn about the history from an expert local guide
- Explore the cities of Sinaia, Bran, and Brasov
- Admire the stunning Carpathian Mountains and Peles Castle
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation by air-conditioned car / van
English-speaking licensed guide and driver
Assistance during the entire tour
Entrance & Photo fees
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your tour guide will be meeting you in the hotel lobby or in front of your accommodation building.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- PLEASE NOTE!
- On the dates when Peles Castle is closed this site will be substituted for Pelisor Castle (if open on your travel date) or Rasnov Fortress, a fascinating medieval peasant citadel from the 14th century.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Peles Castle is closed on the following dates:
- 27 Sep 2021 - 10 May 2022. Closed on Mondays & Tuesdays
- 11 May 2022 - Sep 2022. Closed on Mondays with below exceptions for the holidays:
- Orthodox Easter 2022
- 24 April - Peles Castle is Closed
- Winter Holidays 2021
- 25 Dec - Peles Castle is Closed
- 26 Dec - Peles Castle is Closed
- 01 Jan 2022 - Peles Castle is Closed
- Travel safely with us!
- Traveling with us means that you are taking a 100% private tour! It will be only you and your family / friends.
- Our vehicles are thoroughly sanitized after each tour.
- You will have one person (guide/driver) guiding you in order to minimize risks. The health of our guides is verified daily and they all wear protection masks and gloves.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY UnzipRomania Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Castles of Transylvania: Private Day Trip from Bucharest?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Castles of Transylvania: Private Day Trip from Bucharest?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Castles of Transylvania: Private Day Trip from Bucharest?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Don't look for coffins and vampires, they're not in this castle." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Castles of Transylvania: Private Day Trip from Bucharest
4 hours 46 minutes
4 hours 35 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestBus Tours - WallachiaCity Tours - WallachiaFull-day Tours - WallachiaBus Tours - OtopeniCity Tours - OtopeniFull-day Tours - OtopeniBus Tours - BrasovCity Tours - BrasovFull-day Tours - BrasovCategory
National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei) Tours & TicketsPasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Macca-Villacrosse Passage) Tours & TicketsNational Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei) Tours & TicketsGrigore Antipa National Museum of Natural History Tours & TicketsMuseum of Senses Bucharest Tours & TicketsVictoriei Street (Calea Victoriei) Tours & TicketsArcul de Triumf (Arch of Triumph) Tours & TicketsChoral Temple (Templul Coral) Tours & TicketsBucharest Jewish History Museum Tours & TicketsCEC Palace (Palatul CEC) Tours & TicketsRomanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman) Tours & TicketsGeorge Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace) Tours & TicketsGreat Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare) Tours & TicketsRomanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman) Tours & TicketsLipscani Tours & TicketsBucharest University Palace Tours & TicketsStavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos) Tours & Tickets