4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Discover how 40 years of Communist rule rocked Romania on this half-day political heritage tour of Bucharest. Learn about the lofty ambitions and violent 1989 downfall of the country’s Communist government while visiting its most important remnants, like Revolution Square, the House of the Free Press and the burial place of former dictator Ceausescu. For the ultimate glimpse into the excesses of the regime, take a guided tour of the astounding Parliament Palace.
- 4-hour Communist history tour of Bucharest
- Learn about the dramatic rise and fall of Romanian Communism from a knowledgeable guide
- Step inside the massive Parliament Palace, one of the world's largest administrative buildings
- See the final resting place of dictator Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife
- Hear tales from the violent 1989 uprising at Revolution Square
Saved to wishlist!
Professional English speaking tour leader
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan with wifi on board
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up from hotels or addresses in the city of Bucharest
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport or original ID card is required on the day of travel
- The exact times for the visits to the Parliament Palace and Primaverii Palace are decided by these institutions only (based on their scheduled groups) and it is out of our control; Therefore the tour may take more or less than the specified duration.
- The visits are not guaranteed as these institutions are sometimes closed for Meetings and Conferences
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place if the minimum number of people is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY TravelMaker Bucharest Day Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Bucharest Heritage City Tour - The Last Days of Communism?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Bucharest Heritage City Tour - The Last Days of Communism?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Bucharest Heritage City Tour - The Last Days of Communism
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestBus Tours - WallachiaCity Tours - WallachiaHistorical Tours - WallachiaHalf-day Tours - WallachiaBus Tours - OtopeniCity Tours - OtopeniHistorical Tours - OtopeniHalf-day Tours - OtopeniBus Tours - BrasovCity Tours - BrasovHistorical Tours - BrasovHalf-day Tours - BrasovCategory
Pasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Macca-Villacrosse Passage)Bucharest University PalaceGeorge Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)National Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei)Holocaust MemorialGrigore Antipa National Museum of Natural HistoryRomanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman)Victoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)Museum of Senses BucharestChoral Temple (Templul Coral)CEC Palace (Palatul CEC)Patriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church)Bucharest Jewish History MuseumStavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)LipscaniArcul de Triumf (Arch of Triumph)