2 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Learn about the role that Australian troops played during World War I, and pay tribute to the many thousands of soldiers who lost their lives, on this 2-day history tour. Meet your guide in the morning at your Bruges or Ypres hotel, and travel in the comfort of an air-conditioned minivan. On the first day, visit the site of the Battle of Fromelles, an Australian cemetery and memorial, and more. On the second day, learn about the Battle of the Somme before venturing to several key memorials and landmarks.
- Step back in time on an immersive and commemorative World War I tour
- Visit key battlefields, memorials, cemeteries, and other landmarks
- Round-trip transit from your local hotel via air-conditioned minivan
- Learn about the role that Australian troops played on the Western Front
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
I will pick you up at your hotel in Ypres or in Bruges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 2 day Australian WW1 battlefield tour in Flanders the Somme from Bruges or Ypres?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during 2 day Australian WW1 battlefield tour in Flanders the Somme from Bruges or Ypres?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 2 day Australian WW1 battlefield tour in Flanders the Somme from Bruges or Ypres?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 2 day Australian WW1 battlefield tour in Flanders the Somme from Bruges or Ypres?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
2 day Australian WW1 battlefield tour in Flanders the Somme from Bruges or Ypres
2 hours 26 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBrugesBus Tours - FlandersOvernight Tours - FlandersMulti-day Tours - FlandersHistorical Tours - FlandersBus Tours - LilleOvernight Tours - LilleMulti-day Tours - LilleHistorical Tours - LilleBus Tours - BrusselsOvernight Tours - BrusselsMulti-day Tours - BrusselsHistorical Tours - BrusselsCategory
Church of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk) Tours & TicketsDuvelorium Tours & TicketsMinnewater (Lake of Love) Tours & TicketsGroeningemuseum Tours & TicketsFriet Museum Tours & TicketsOld St. John Site (Site Oud Sint-Jan) Tours & TicketsHistorium Brugge Tours & TicketsCanals of Bruges (Brugse Reien) Tours & TicketsBruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge) Tours & TicketsBasilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig-Bloedbasiliek) Tours & TicketsJerusalem Church (Jeruzalemkerk) Tours & TicketsSint-Janshospitaal (Saint John's Hospital) Tours & TicketsBoudewijn Theme Park and Dolfinarium Tours & TicketsBelfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge) Tours & TicketsLace Centre & Museum (Kantcentrum) Tours & TicketsDe Halve Maan Brewery Tours & Tickets