Explore our promoted experiences
- Learn about New York’s naval history and the rebirth of Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Visit a 19th-century dry dock that's still used for ship repairs
- See old photographs and listen to audio clips of WWII-era workers
- A guide shows you key sights and illuminates the yard’s history
Departure & Return
Meet your guide inside Building 77, located at 141 Flushing Avenue, by Russ & Daughters bakery. Building 77 is accessible to the public from Flushing Avenue. **IMPORTANT** You should not enter any security gates of the Navy Yard, as you will not be allowed to enter the secure industrial park.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The Brooklyn Navy Yard is a modern industrial park with over four million square feet of space. For more than 150 years, the Navy Yard produced America’s best-known fighting Naval ships, from the USS Maine to the USS Missouri. Today, it is a model for sustainable urban industrial parks and is home to more than 330 industrial and creative businesses.
This guided Brooklyn Navy Yard walking/riding tour explores the 300-acre property along Brooklyn’s industrial waterfront and offers opportunities to take a closer look at its most intriguing sites. There’s a dry dock that’s been used for ship repair since 1851. There are historic buildings that are being adaptively reused for industrial purposes. And there’s the Green Manufacturing Center, a future hub for the development of new products and technologies.
Enjoy a narrated journey along with oral history clips and historical photographs from the site’s Naval past. Witness the dramatic transformation from the Revolutionary War to those industrial innovators at the Navy Yard today.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour is wheelchair- and stroller-accessible.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Assistive listening devices are available for guests, but must be requested at least 72 hours in advance of the tour date to ensure accommodations.
- The Brooklyn Navy Yard can be reached by bus, on foot, by bicycle, and via the NYC public ferry system. The NYC ferries and city buses are accessible to people who use wheelchairs and strollers. Take the Astoria line ferry from East 34th Street or Pier 11/Wall Street in Manhattan to the Brooklyn Navy Yard ferry stop. Please plan your trip to the Yard in advance to ensure an early arrival.
- Since portions of this tour will go indoors, proof of vaccination is required in order to participate. Please check to make sure that your proof and type of vaccination qualifies, according to NYC law: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-vaccines-keytonyc.page
- Not recommended for people who have difficulty walking one mile
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Turnstile Tours, Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms