- Trek through the spectacular scenery of Romania’s Carpathian Mountains
- Choose from two routes depending on weather and your group’s experience
- If time allows, visit Bran Castle, known as Dracula’s Castle, on the way back to Brasov
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please note: Complimentary pick-up from Brasov is offered for this tour/activity (as specified on the tour). If you require this service you must contact Active Travel Day Tours at: Locally on 0040728804952, By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Along the way, learn about the area’s geography and history, and decide with your small group which of two hiking routes you’d like to take, depending on weather conditions and the group’s abilities. Expect to cover 6 to 9 miles over 5 or 6 hours, including a stop for lunch.
See Itinerary below for a detailed description of each route.
After your hike, you have the option to stop at the fairytale-like Bran Castle on the return drive to Brașov (own expense). If the group agrees, explore the grand Gothic halls and turrets of this hilltop fortress, which has ties to the inspiration of the Dracula legend.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress warmly: Compulsory sturdy and waterproof hiking shoes; warm clothes recommended
- Route may be changed without notice due to weather conditions
- Minimum booking numbers apply (2 pax). If you would like to join as 1 person please note that the price for 2 is be applicable
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please bring your own mask; we provide hand sanitizer. We are cleaning vehicles after every tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Active Travel Day Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Piatra Craiului National Park Private Hiking Tour from Brasov.