- Bran Castle and Râșnov Fortress tour from Braşov, led by a professional guide
- Travel into Romania’s Transylvania region to visit Bran Castle, known as ‘Dracula’s Castle’
- Visit Râșnov Fortress, a 13th-century fortress-village perched on a hilltop
- Choose to return to Braşov after Bran and Râșnov, or opt to visit Peleș Castle
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The History Museum, Piata Sfatului Square
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Learn about the storied history of Râșnov Fortress (admission at your own expense), a walled stone compound designed to ward off attacks by the fierce Tartars and used as a refuge for local villagers during medieval warfare. Explore the time-worn courtyards, ramparts and well of the 13th-century fortress built by the Teutons. Opt to have lunch in Râșnov if you like (own expense).
A short drive brings you to Bran Castle, nicknamed ‘Dracula’s Castle’ for its ties to Bram Stoker’s 1897 Gothic tale and its bloodthirsty villain. The high stone walls and red turrets of this hilltop citadel come into view as you approach the secluded castle, set among the dramatic backdrop of the Carpathians.
Enter if you dare, after paying the site fee (own expense), and wander through the castle’s many well-preserved rooms and chambers with your guide. Gothic furnishings and details help set the scene for ghastly legends of all that happened here, including the imprisonment of Vlad the Impaler. This 15th-century prince was notorious for his bloodthirsty campaigns against invading Turks and is said to have inspired Stoker’s malevolent Count Dracula.
If you’ve had your fill of vampiric lore, your guide will drive you back to Braşov at this point. If you’ve booked the upgrade for more, continue on to the nearby Peleș Castle.
The expansive, Bavarian-style Peleș Castle was built among a lush forest to house Romania’s royalty in the 19th century and is among the most beautiful in Europe. A guide will lead you through many of its immaculate, ornate rooms, still adorned with luxuriant furnishings and décor.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group tour
- Sturdy hiking footwear recommended
- Crowded in high season (July - August)
- MONDAY BRAN CASTLE IS OPENED AT 12:00.
- Peles Castle is closed MONDAY! Tuesday we can visit only the ground floor! Pelisor Castle is closed MONDAY and TUESDAY! More info about the admission time: peles.ro
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- RASNOV FORTRESS IS CLOSED FROM 3rd of February 2020 for 22 months! Anyhow, we could visit the outside walls and exterior court. We visit other site, instead (eg. The St Bartholomew Evangelical church / Cristian Saxon Fortified Church / Valea Cetatii Cave). The guide will inform you about the options.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please bring your own mask; we provide hand sanitizer. We are cleaning vehicles after every tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Active Travel Day Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands