- Perfect for travellers with limited time in Transylvania
- Visit the imposing ruins of the 13th-century Rasnov Fortress
- Delve into the legends surrounding Bran Castle, associated with Bram Stoker's legendary monster, Dracula
- Small-group tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off in Brasov
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Listen to history-rich commentary featuring tales of medieval warfare and local legend, and opt to enjoy lunch in Rasnov village at your own expense. Then, proceed to Bran Castle, arguably the crowing architectural feature of Transylvania.
The Gothic castle, complete with high stonewalls and rust-red turrets, was used to incarcerate Vlad the Impaler and therefore inspired the creation of Bram Stoker’s bloodthirsty villain, Dracula. Pay the entrance fee at your own expense and then wander through chambers with filled antique furniture and Gothic embellishments.
After enriching your knowledge of Vlad the Impaler’s gruesome legacy, return to your Brasov hotel and bid your guide farewell. Alternatively, if you booked the upgrade, continue to Peles Castle.
Follow your guide through immaculately preserved rooms, decorated with luxurious furniture for the viewing pleasure of Romania’s royal family. Choose to pay an additional visit to the neighboring Pelisor Castle and then conclude your tour with drop-off at your Brasov hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group tour
- Sturdy hiking footwear recommended
- Tour available with extension to Sinaia at a supplement
- For your information, entrance prices detailed: entrance fee to Peles Castle: LEI 30 (the standard tour) around €7
- MONDAY BRAN CASTLE IS OPENED AT 12:00.
- "Skip the line" at the ticket office for Bran Castle!
- Crowded in high season (July - August)
- Peles Castle is closed MONDAY! Tuesday we can visit only the ground floor! Pelisor Castle is closed MONDAY and TUESDAY! More info about the admission time: peles.ro
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- RASNOV FORTRESS IS CLOSED FROM 3rd of February 2020 for 22 months! Anyhow, we could visit the outside walls and exterior court. We visit other site, instead (eg. The St Bartholomew Evangelical church / Cristian Saxon Fortified Church / Valea Cetatii Cave). The guide will inform you about the options.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please bring your own mask; we provide hand sanitizer. We are cleaning vehicles after every tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Active Travel Day Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Also realize that during the off season, there is no need to pay extra for the "quick entry" since there is no que to enter." See review
- "Somebody advised us to take a taxi or Uber to go there but it's rather far, and we had a tour guide who is very nice and helpful, came to pickup and drop-off at the hotel." See review