- Full-day Istanbul sightseeing tour around the Sultanahmet neighborhood
- Visit top Istanbul attractions with a knowledgeable local guide
- Refuel with a 3-course lunch at a traditional Istanbul restaurant in Sultanahmet
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 14 people ensures personalized attention from a guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Venture to the Blue Mosque, one of the most stunning sights in Istanbul. Admire its six signature minarets and many ornate Iznik tiles that come together to form its dazzling blue walls. Listen as your expert guide tells you about the fascinating history of this Ottoman-era mosque. Then walk to the Hagia Sophia, a UNESCO-listed museum that was once a church and a mosque.
Next, stroll over to Topkapi Palace, a crown jewel of Istanbul. Explore its intricate corridors and intimate rooms where sultans once entertained elite guests—and were entertained by their harems. Your guide points out interesting bits of backstory to the rooms, bringing to life this ornamental palace and museum. Midway through the day, break for a traditional Turkish lunch (see Itinerary section for sample menu).
Move on to the Hippodrome, where you can admire a granite Egyptian obelisk that was a gift to Istanbul. At one point, this location marked the epicenter of the city’s sports life and also served as a political center. Then it’s on to Istanbul’s sunken palace, the Basilica Cistern, one of the biggest ancient cisterns in Istanbul. Follow your guide as he tells fills you in on the history of these historic places.
Your final stop is also one of the most iconic: the Grand Bazaar. Stroll through its colorful alleys, more than 60 in all, in awe of the crafts, smells, sounds and sights. As one of the most famous souks in the world, you won’t want to miss this. Duck into leather, jewelry, and ceramic stores as well as spice stalls and other unique outlets. Say hello to the friendly local shop owners and craftspeople. After, bid farewell to your guide and the rest of your group when your tour concludes with a convenient drop-off at your European-side hotel or in central Istanbul.
Please note: Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays and the Grand Bazaar is closed Sundays. If your tour is on one of these days, an alternate, such as Chora Museum or another market, may be visited instead. Topkapi Palace, closed on Tuesdays, is replaced with Istanbul Archaeology Museum).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Cover ups and head scarves are provided at the Blue Mosque
- Guests must call 24 hours in advance for pick up times
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Blue Mosque may be replaced with Suleymaniye Mosque or Rustem Pasha Mosque on fridays due to pray times
- Not recommended for participants with walking difficulties
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Tour Including Topkapi Palace, Underground Cistern and Hagia Sophia.