5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The dramatic volcanoes, lava lakes, and craters of the Volcanoes National Park lie just a short drive from Hilo. On this tour, travel in the comfort of a private vehicle and take in the highlights with a customized itinerary, spending as you long as you like at each stop. Along the way, choose to visit regional attractions such as Rainbow Falls, the black sand beach at Richardson, and the Akatsuka Orchid Gardens.
- Explore less-visited areas of the Volcanoes National Park
- Incredible photo ops inc. volcanic craters and black sand beaches
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off at your Hilo hotel
- Private tour ensures the undivided attention of your guide
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hilo / Pahoa area Hotel pickup and drop-off
Hilo Airport and cruise port pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks
Hiking to see active lava
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Vacation rentals, B&Bs
- Hilo Intl Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
- Port of Hilo
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be 13 or older
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- It is recommended to bring a light jacket and close-toed shoes
- A maximum of 4 guests per booking
- The tour uses a Ford F-150 that has been modified for off-road use. This truck sits higher up than usual. You must be able to get in and out of the truck unassisted.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Apau Hawaii Tours, LLC
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Volcanoes National Park and Hilo Private Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremePorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingHiloShore Excursions - Hawaii4WD Tours - HawaiiSporting Events - HawaiiNature and Wildlife - HawaiiExtreme - HawaiiPorts of Call Tours - HawaiiHalf-day Tours - HawaiiShore Excursions - Maui4WD Tours - MauiSporting Events - MauiNature and Wildlife - MauiExtreme - MauiPorts of Call Tours - MauiHalf-day Tours - MauiShore Excursions - Oahu4WD Tours - OahuSporting Events - OahuNature and Wildlife - OahuExtreme - OahuPorts of Call Tours - OahuHalf-day Tours - OahuCategory
Kona Coffee Living History FarmKaumana Caves State ParkKeauhou BayCoconut Island (Mokuola)Onomea BayCaptain Cook MonumentHilo Farmers Market KalapanaHonaunau BayOriginal King Kamehameha StatueRoyal Kona Coffee CenterLiliuokalani GardensKapohoMauna Loa Macadamia Nut FactoryPuako Bay Punaluʻu Black Sand BeachAkaka FallsBanyan DriveMountain Thunder Coffee PlantationCrater Rim Drive