11 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the Big Island’s beautiful volcanic landscapes on this full-day excursion. After a convenient pickup from select hotels, enjoy a scenic drive on Saddle Road, take a picturesque hike in Volcanoes National Park, and feast on a delicious complimentary lunch. Explore a magical lava tube, Kauhi Cave, while learning about the island’s fascinating history from an informative guide. Finish with a pau hana (Hawaiian for “happy hour”) featuring locally-sourced appetizers.
- Explore Hawaii’s incredible volcanic scenery on an all-day adventure
- Hike Volcanoes National Park and enjoy a delicious complimentary lunch
- Experience an otherworldly lava tube and snap photos on Saddle Road
- Make the most of limited time with convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
National Park Certified Interpretive Guide
Park and Private Cave access fees
Hawaiian juices and flavored sparkling waters
Sunscreen and bug repellent
Refillable Filtered Water
Central meeting locations for pick-up
Departure & Return
This activity will end right where it started.Please meet us at the Starting Point at our Kailua-Kona Headquarters or for those travelers staying in Waikoloa/Kohala Coast resort areas we also pick up from the following central meeting locations: - Four Seasons Resort Hualalai - Queens' Market Place (near Charley's Thai Restaurant), 69-201 Waikoloa Beach Dr, Waikoloa Village, HI 96738 - Shops at Mauna Lani (in front of the Foodland Store), 68-1330 Mauna Lani Dr #100, Waimea, HI 96743 For guests staying in HILO: - Subway Keaau Parking Lot, 16-586, 203 Old Volcano Rd P201, Keaau, HI 96749
This operator has two meet-up options available. You can either meet at the departure point below or select a location for pick-up.
Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters , 73-5593 A, Olowalu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 2 to 3 miles on uneven terrain.
- Must be 8 years old or older
- It is recommended to wear comfortable, closed toe walking shoes, sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen and a light sweatshirt or jacket. Bring or wear long pants.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hawaii Forest and Trail
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Volcano Unveiled Tour in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Volcano Unveiled Tour in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Volcano Unveiled Tour in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Volcano Unveiled Tour in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Volcano Unveiled Tour in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
11 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeEco ToursExtremeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBig Island of Hawaii4WD Tours - HawaiiSporting Events - HawaiiNature and Wildlife - HawaiiEco Tours - HawaiiExtreme - HawaiiFull-day Tours - Hawaii4WD Tours - MauiSporting Events - MauiNature and Wildlife - MauiEco Tours - MauiExtreme - MauiFull-day Tours - Maui4WD Tours - OahuSporting Events - OahuNature and Wildlife - OahuEco Tours - OahuExtreme - OahuFull-day Tours - OahuCategory
Kekaha Kai State Park (Kona Coast State Park)Kohala CoastOnomea BayKaumana Caves State ParkPuʻuhonua o Honaunau National Historical ParkCoconut Island (Mokuola)Hilo Cruise PortHamakua CoastKahua RanchMauna LoaKalapanaCrater Rim DriveKula Kai CavernsKahaluu Beach ParkIsaac Hale Beach ParkHawaii Tropical Botanical Garden Captain Cook MonumentKeauhou BayKolekole FallsKona (Kailua Bay) Cruise Port