- Whale sightings guaranteed between December and April
- Ride onboard a powerful catamaran for optimal comfort on your whale-watching tour
- Enjoy the opportunity to see whales breaching, spouting, and splashing
- Choose a convenient departure time—midday or late afternoon—to fit your schedule
Departure & Return
Kawaihae Harbor South slip S01 From Hwy 19 bear left to Akoni Pule Hwy 270. Follow Kawaihae Rd, after 3mile marker is Harbor entrance (signs “Matson” “Young Brothers") Turn left "Port of Kawaihae Office" turn left before guard shack. At end of road turn LEFT then RIGHT into GATE 13 to parking lot.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- When watching whales be sure to bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Clothing—Depending upon weather conditions, you may want to consider bringing a light jacket as it can get cool on the water.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hawaii Nautical
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It was early in the season, but we wanted to make an attempt to see whales off of the Kona coast!" See review