Explore our promoted experiences
- Small group off-road walking tour on Hawaii
- Travel up the North Kona and Kohala coastlines past traditional villages and famous landmarks
- Moderate hike past waterfalls and rock formations
- Learn about the history of Hawaii through water, waterfalls and diverse ecosystems
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Across the street from Home Depot
What To Expect
Take in spectacular views, and then off road in your 4x4 touring van for brief, bumpy off-road ride along the cliffs. Your destination is the Kohala Ditch Trail, built in the early 1900s to irrigate the surrounding former sugar plantation. Hike approximately 2 miles (3.2 km), passing blasted-out tunnels, ditches and an old aqueduct while your guide shares the history of the plantation and the construction of its impressive irrigation system. Take a break and recharge with a picnic lunch among the beautiful mountainous scenery.
Throughout the relaxed guided walk, see several Kohala waterfalls that dot the lush and diverse landscape Stop at the last fall for a chance to jump into the refreshing pool and cool off under the cascade. Relax on the ride home as we take you back to town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- We recommend that guests wear closed-toe walking shoes, boots, sneakers, reef walkers or sport sandals, bathing suits under clothes, short sleeved shirt, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket and a towel
- Infants under 3 must be carried in a backpack carrier
- Children under 4 must ride in a car seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A maximum number of 12 people per van
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hawaii Forest &Trail
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "Do not leave Hawaii without treating your family to this adventure!" See review