Are you interested in?
50 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
239 Tours & Activities
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Tours
37 Tours & Activities
7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Immerse yourself in the tropical paradise of the Big Island for a 7-hour exploration of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and local island culture. Discover highlights of the island’s most famous volcanic region during stops at 'hotspots' like the Thurston Lava Tube and Halemaumau Crater. Continue your exploration with a visit to a gorgeous black-sand beach frequented by sea turtles and then a local coffee plantation where you’ll sample tasty treats like honey, chocolate and macadamia nuts. A guide, entrance fees, lunch and round-trip hotel or port transport are also covered.
- Sample some of the Big Island's top attractions, including Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Explore the top sights in this volcano-themed park, including Thurston Lava Tube and Halemaumau Crater
- Sample local Big Island products like coffee, honey, chocolate and macadamia nuts at a plantation
- Visit a beautiful black-sand beach to search for its resident sea turtles
- Learn about Hawaii's mythology and deities like Pele, goddess of fire
- Great introduction to the Big Island's top sights
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hotel / Airport / Port pickup
Hotel / Airport / Port drop off
Use of daypacks, walking staffs, & raingear
Access to private lava tube
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Big Island Candies, 585 Hinano St #4428, Hilo, HI 96720
- Hilo Intl Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
- Hilo Harbor
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Recommended to wear closed-toe shoes, wear or bring long pants, and a light jacket.
- Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 1 mile on uneven terrain.
- Meals - Lunch is provided. Guests have a choice of Turkey, Ham, Tuna, Macadamia Nut Chicken, or Garden Fresh Vegetarian sandwiches; it is served with a side of potato chips & dessert. Beverages include water, juice, or sodas.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hawaii Forest and Trail
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Discover Volcano Country?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Discover Volcano Country?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Discover Volcano Country?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Discover Volcano Country?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
What is the maximum group size during Discover Volcano Country?
This activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Discover Volcano Country.
See all safety measures taken by Discover Volcano Country.
Product code: 2804P11
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingBig Island of HawaiiShore Excursions - Hawaii4WD Tours - HawaiiSporting Events - HawaiiNature and Wildlife - HawaiiExtreme - HawaiiWalking Tours - HawaiiPorts of Call Tours - HawaiiFull-day Tours - HawaiiShore Excursions - Maui4WD Tours - MauiSporting Events - MauiNature and Wildlife - MauiExtreme - MauiWalking Tours - MauiPorts of Call Tours - MauiFull-day Tours - MauiShore Excursions - Oahu4WD Tours - OahuSporting Events - OahuNature and Wildlife - OahuExtreme - OahuWalking Tours - OahuPorts of Call Tours - OahuFull-day Tours - OahuCategory
Liliuokalani GardensKula Kai CavernsHawiKilauea VolcanoMountain Thunder Coffee PlantationKailua PierKealakekua BayRoyal Kona Coffee CenterKohala CoastHulihee PalaceKeauhou BayKaloko-Honokohau National Historical ParkKaumana Caves State ParkHiilawe FallsKekaha Kai State Park (Kona Coast State Park)Naha StoneKalapanaWaimeaKaʻu Coffee MillOriginal King Kamehameha Statue