Explore our promoted experiences
- Big Island helicopter tour from Kona
- See the beauty of the largest of the Hawaiian Islands from the air
- Fly over Kilauea, one of the world's most active volcanoes
- Soar over tropical waterfalls and the misty peaks of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea
- Cruise along the 2,000-foot (610-meter) cliffs of Waipio Valley
- HAI and ISBAO safety certified operator
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point73300-73200 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
|Monday:||09:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||09:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||09:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Thursday:||09:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Friday:||09:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Saturday:||08:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Sunday:||08:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to weather, flights may be 100 to 120 minutes in length
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- Due to the current social distancing requirements for the state of Hawai'i, face masks are required at all times
- A resident who has been on island for at least 10 days or who has had a negative COVID-19 test in the past 72 hours.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- A visitor who has either quarantined for 10 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 10 days prior to flight), or who can show that the pre-testing travel program accepted a negative test result from them.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 helicopter or $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. Upon check-in, we will weigh all passengers. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Most travelers can participate
- Seating is assigned based on weight and balance following guidelines which have been approved by the FAA. We cannot guarantee seats as the weight of guests must be balanced within the aircraft.
- A seat upgrade is not a guarantee; however, if you purchase a co-pilot and/or window seat upgrades, we will do our best to seat you in your purchased location. If we cannot accomodate a seat upgrade due to weight and balance requirements for your flight (or for any other reason), we will refund your upgrade purchase at check-in.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Paradise Helicopters
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Experience Hawai'i Big Island Helicopter Flight from Kona .