- Learn of quirky local events like the annual vegetable battle on Oberbaum Bridge
- Visit a popular currywurst stand, call in at a Turkish café and try German classics like rollmops
- Admire colorful street art at SO36, an area of eastern Kreuzberg
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
The corner of May-Ayim-Ufer and Oberbaum Brücke, in front of the historical placard. The nearest tube station is Ubahnhof Schlesisches Tor.
Markthalle Neun, Eisenbahnstrasse 42, 10997 Berlin. Near metro station Görlitzer Bahnhof
What To Expect
Kreuzberg has emerged from its history as one of the poorest places in Berlin to one of its cultural favorites, located in the middle of the city and famous around the world for its alternative and counterculture scene.
Moving right along, check out the panorama of Berlin’s skyline, highlighted by the iconic TV Tower, from the landmark Oberbaum Bridge above the Spree River that runs through the city. Sip on a wostok, or German lemonade, and learn about the history of this eclectic neighborhood, including some interesting tidbits involving the hurling of vegetables.
Visit a number of street-food stands, a Turkish café, and a beer hall. Enjoy four food samples, including currywurst, a fried pork sausage with curry-seasoned ketchup dish, and the German classic rollmops, a fillet of herring that’s rolled around a pickle, then marinated in brine and served as an appetizer. Find out how both became popular local snacks.
Along the way, walk past colorful mosques, record shops, and food stores, and witness some of the city’s best street art from international favorites like Blu and urban artist ROA.
The tour ends at one of Berlin’s legendary beer halls with a free drink.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tastings mentioned below are just a selection among many great options. The exact itinerary of each tour differs from day to day, depending on opening hours, changing offers and weather conditions. Just rely on us! Our guides are local experts who know the best spots for each day of the week. In every case: come hungry, bring curiosity and a lot of appetite, we care for the rest! Please note that some of this tour's tastings do not fit to the diet preferences of vegetarians and vegans. Whenever possible our guides will try to find good alternatives. If you have any food allergies or other diet preferences, please inform our guides at the beginning of each tour and they will be happy to assist you.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures Berlin
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Lonely Planet Experiences Private Berlin: Funky Kreuzberg Cultural and Food Tour.