Cave Kayaking Altun Ha v.i.v
Belize City, Belize
Lowest Price Guarantee
$188.00 Save $37.60
Price varies by group size
up to 24 hours in advance
6 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore the legacy of the ancient Mayan civilization in Belize, from the mighty pyramids of Altun Ha to the mysterious underworld known as Xibalba. Channel your inner archaeologist at the ruins of a once-mighty Mayan city, where you roam among sacred temples and altars that rise out of the jungle. Then, after trekking through the Belizean rain forest to reach an underground cave system, kayak inside a series of caverns studded with rock formations and a subterranean waterfall deep in the Maya Mountains.
- Altun Ha and cave kayaking combo tour from Belize City
- Visit the ruins of an ancient Mayan city at the Altun Ha archaeological site
- Learn the history behind sacred temples, pyramids, and altars from a guide
- Kayak through an elaborate cave system in the heart of the Maya Mountains
- Admire rock formations and an underground waterfall with an LED headlamp
- Stop for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense)
- Hotel pickup is included
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Use of helmet, kayaks, lights
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
small group tour
arriving by cruise, come ashore early, enjoy this tour, if the ship is delayed, arrive early, do it.
vehicles are assigned to each ship and the tour starts as each fills up
requires a minimum of 4 to operate, also available is the Private Option
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Food and drinks
get your tender tickets early to ensure a early arrival, ship to land
any unused portion of the tour is non-refundable
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
we tour on SHIP TIME, come ashore very early and enjoy this adventure. cruise ships stay 4 miles offshore, the cruise provides boat shuttle tenders guest to shore. the tenders start at 7:45, there are 6 tenders each carrying 200 passengers going back and forth from ship to shore during the first hour. during this first hour most pre booked guest for ship tours and independents are on shored on tour. the tender boats are then reduced to 2 going through out the rest of the day. so its vital to get a early tender ticket, Come ashore early. near shore you will see the lighthouse, the terminal buildings housing giftshops. proceed to terminal 1 also known as the reef terminal and go thru the terminal to the EXIT where street side you will see us in RED shirts and holding the V.i.V sign
- Philip S.W. Goldson Intl Airport, Belize City Belize
- San Pedro belize express water taxi terminal in Belize City
- Belize City Cruise ship port FSTV exit terminal 1, street side
- Terminal 1 exit street side Belize cruise port
- NOT Available from NCL HARVEST CAYE PORT
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- bring bug spray
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY V.I.V. Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cave Kayaking Altun Ha v.i.v?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Cave Kayaking Altun Ha v.i.v?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cave Kayaking Altun Ha v.i.v?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cave Kayaking Altun Ha v.i.v?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
What is the maximum group size during Cave Kayaking Altun Ha v.i.v?
This activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Cave Kayaking Altun Ha v.i.v.
See all safety measures taken by Cave Kayaking Altun Ha v.i.v.
Product code: 42577P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsTubingPorts of Call ToursKayakingRaftingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBelize CityBelizeShore Excursions - Ambergris CayeTubing - Ambergris CayePorts of Call Tours - Ambergris CayeKayaking - Ambergris CayeRafting - Ambergris CayeShore Excursions - HopkinsTubing - HopkinsPorts of Call Tours - HopkinsKayaking - HopkinsRafting - HopkinsShore Excursions - San IgnacioTubing - San IgnacioPorts of Call Tours - San IgnacioKayaking - San IgnacioRafting - San IgnacioCategory