- Half-day tour, including a private helicopter tour from Belize City
- Take an aerial tour of the Blue Hole and Turneffe Atoll
- Soar above Half Moon Caye, the Central Lagoon, and the Lighthouse Reef
- Hear stories about the area and its history from your guide
- Tour Belize City on the return drive from the heliport
- Belize City hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After passing Drowned Cayes and Gallows Point, soar above one of the largest barrier reefs in the world. Watch waves crest over the astounding coral reef and be on the lookout for the many marine creatures that live among it. Dolphins, sharks, stingrays, manatees, and crocodiles all have been spotted in the reef waters.
Next up, see the spectacular Turneffe Atoll from the air. This cluster of about 200 different islands features a brilliant Central Lagoon.
As you fly further over the open sea, Lighthouse Reef comes into view. Imbedded in this atoll is the famous Blue Hole, a spectacular dark-blue circle formed by a collapsed cavern in the sea floor. At 1,000 feet (300 meters) across and 460 feet (140 meters) deep, this natural wonder is a Belize National Monument and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Continue above Half Moon Caye, and head back toward the mainland. Pass again over Turneffe Atoll. Head back into Belize City as your helicopter lands on the ground.
After touching down at the heliport, a minivan takes you back to your hotel, providing a scenic driving tour of Belize City highlights on the way.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 1 passenger per booking is required
- A maximum of 4 passengers per booking
- Due to weight / balance of the aircraft, total maximum weight for all 4 passengers is 725 lbs.
- All passengers names and weights required before flight
- OPERATED BY Astrum Helicopters
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Blue Hole and Turneffe Islands Helicopter Tour.