6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Strap on a headlamp for Belize’s most exhilarating caving adventure at Actun Tunichil Muknal, better known as the ATM Cave. Hidden deep in a natural reserve, the ancient cave system can only be explored with a guide, so let an expert lead you safely through narrow passageways, glittering chambers, and up steep ladders. Come within inches of ancient pottery and human remains, remnants of mysterious Mayan ceremonies held here more than a thousand years ago.
- Fit in a trip to the famous ATM Cave from Belize City
- Hike through the jungle, then swim across a natural pool to reach the cave entrance
- Encounter undisturbed Mayan pottery and human skeletons from ritual sacrifices
- Unforgettable way to connect with the ancient Mayan culture and Belizean nature
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
111 North Front Street, Belize City, Belize
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart conditions, or claustrophobia
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Private Belize Adventure
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM Cave)From Belize City?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM Cave)From Belize City?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM Cave)From Belize City?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM Cave)From Belize City?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM Cave)From Belize City
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursGhost & Vampire ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingBelize CityBus Tours - Ambergris CayeGhost & Vampire Tours - Ambergris CayeHistorical Tours - Ambergris CayeHalf-day Tours - Ambergris CayeBus Tours - HopkinsGhost & Vampire Tours - HopkinsHistorical Tours - HopkinsHalf-day Tours - HopkinsBus Tours - San IgnacioGhost & Vampire Tours - San IgnacioHistorical Tours - San IgnacioHalf-day Tours - San IgnacioCategory