- 3-hour evening hutong and Great Leap Brewery experience in Beijing
- Explore Nanluoguxiang hutong, an 18th-century quarter of courtyard homes, shops, and lanes
- See the courtyard houses and learn about past and present hutong life
- Savor a craft beer at the Great Leap Brewing pub, run by Beijing’s first microbrewery
- See the old Yandaixiejie hutong and Drum and Bell Towers
- Visit Houhai Lake Bar street, a lively old quarter of bars set by a lake
- Small group of 15 or fewer
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Explore the side lanes of traditional courtyard homes and quaint shops, and learn about hutong life past and present from your guide. Stretch your legs along the main street, passing brightly lit bars, coffee shops, and gift outlets, and enjoy free time to shop (own expense) and sample street snacks (own expense) from the food stands.
Then, visit the neighborhood’s Great Leap Brewing brew-pub. This hip bar serves craft beers made by the Great Leap microbrewery — the first of its kind in Beijing. Savor a beer as you hear more about the hutongs, and then pass the Drum and Bell Towers on route to Yandaixejie hutong, one of Beijing’s oldest.
Take in this charming area and arrive at Houhai Lake Bar street: an old lakeside quarter packed with trendy bars.
Your tour ends here when your guide departs, leaving you to continue exploring independently while also showing you nearby Dianmen station for when you want to return to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please leave your local contact information upon booking if available
- Please be on time as this is a small group tour
- If the booking less than 2 people, the tour may cancelled and full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lily's Tour Company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.