- See Beijing's top attractions on a full-day city tour
- See the Forbidden City
- Visit the Temple of Heaven
- Walk through Tiananmen Square
- See Jingshan Park
- A traditional dumpling or noodle lunch is included
Departure & Return
Outside East Gate of the Temple of Heaven. 天坛东门 Take Metro Line 5 to Tiantandongmen Station Exit A and East gate will be right hand side. 天坛东门A口5号线
What To Expect
If time allows, your guide may take you through the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Temple of Heaven (additional expense), a Ming temple built by the same emperor who built the Forbidden City. Temple of Heaven served as the stage for important rituals performed by the emperor, especially rituals to please the gods who would grant a plentiful harvest and favorable year. Inside the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest, your guide shows you acoustical tricks made by the building's structure.
Upon departing the Temple of Heaven, follow your guide to the subway and ride to Tiananmen Square. From there, a short walk takes you to the Forbidden City, where your guide shares informative details about imperial China as you walk through the vast plaza and marvel at its towering gates and fortified walls, then admire rare treasures and artifacts that offer a glimpse into palace life.
Next, enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch of noodles or dumplings and take a stroll through Jingshan Park, formerly an imperial garden during the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties. Enjoy a great perspective on the best of Ming Dynasty architecture, including stunning views of the Forbidden City and the ancient heart of Beijing. Your Beijing small-group tour ends in the park in the mid-afternoon, leaving you free to make your way to your next destination.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes.
- On occasion, Tiananmen Square may be closed without notice for official visits, events, or security reasons. Should this occur please note that you may not be able to visit Tiananmen Square on your Beijing Urban Adventures tour, and we may need to enter or exit the Forbidden City through an alternative gate. Forbidden City is closed every Monday.
- IMPORTANT: Chinese law requires that all travellers must provide their name, gender, nationality, passport number and birthdate to their tour operator upon booking a tour. Failure to do so could result in a traveller not being able to join their tour, or for the entire group to be denied access to sites such as the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. When you book this tour, please be sure to fill out all fields at checkout. Please also enter your passport number into the 'Additional Information' box and bring your passport with you on the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour includes entrance fees to Temple of Heaven Park and the Forbidden City, fees that help preserve these sites of cultural significance.
- You will have lunch at a local restaurant that supports a family from a nearby village.
- The food you'll enjoy at lunch is made up of all local dishes using ingredients right from Beijing.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures China
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms