- Private tour of Beijing’s hutongs
- Visit temples and ride a rickshaw
- Make dumplings during a cooking workshop
- Watch a cricket fighting game
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You will pickup in your city center hotel
What To Expect
View the world's largest wooden Buddha statue before continuing on to the Confucius Temple, built to pay tribute to Confucius during the Yuan, Ming, and Qing dynasties. Venture inside the temple complex to find more than 100 ancient trees and 198 steles.
Board a rickshaw for a ride through the hutongs. While you weave through the ancient alleys, your guide points out numerous traditional-style gates and shops. On arrival at a local family's home, take part in a cooking demo and learn to make Chinese dumplings. Watch a game of cricket fighting and eat a home-style meal for lunch.
After, you can climb up the Drum Tower for a panoramic view of the old Beijing-Shichahai area. Then walk to Yandaixiejie Hutong, an age-old lane dating to the Yuan Dynasty of the 13th and 14th century, ending at Houhai Lake. Conclude your private tour with transport back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lily's Tour Company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.