- 3-hour food tasting dinner tour in Beijing’s Hutong neighborhoods
- Experience local life in the traditional Hutong neighborhoods of Old Beijing
- Tuck into local specialties such as Mongolian hotpot, donkey burgers, dumplings, and jianbing (crepes)
- Sample up to 15 different foods at three different locations
- Sip traditional beverages including baijiu liquor and local beer
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Beixinqiao Metro Station (Line 5) - Exit B. Taxi Directions: 北新桥地铁站B出口在东直门内大街和雍和宫大街路口的东北角. Public Transport Directions: By metro, take Line 5 to Beixinqiao. Walk out of Exit B of Beixinqiao Metro.Your guide will meet you at the street level entrance to Exit B.
The tour ends near the intersection of Dongsi North St & Dongsi 10th Alley, near the Zhangzizhong Rd Metro (line 5). 东四北大街和东四十条路口.
What To Expect
Enjoy an authentic introduction to Chinese cuisine as you sample a huge variety of foods, starting with a Mongolian-style hotpot, accompanied by hand-stuffed boiled dumplings and the city’s famed ‘sauced meat’. Wash it down with a bottle of local beer and a shot of Chinese spirit, baijiu. Finish it off with a jarred Beijing yoghurt that can only be found in the capital.
Finally, stop at a popular family-run restaurant to sample some tasty Beijing-style chicken wings.
At the end of your tour, your guide can help you find your way back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking advanced notice is required to be able to cater to any dietary restrictions.
- Standard group size is 8, but in some cases groups can be up to 12 people with a second guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY UnTour Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons