- Private Dingling Tomb and Longqing Gorge day trip from Beijing
- Visit the Dingling Tomb, the underground mausoleum of 16th-century Emperor Zhu Yijun
- View the thrones and replica caskets of Zhu and his empresses
- Refuel with a Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
- Ride a boat along the Longqing Gorge, one of China’s natural treasures
- Admire the stunning blue-green waters, cliffs, and peaks
- Private transport, central Beijing hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance fees, and cruise included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your hotel within the 5th ring road of Beijing city, please provide the hotel details when make booking. If your hotel is out of the 5th ring road of Beijing city, may have extra cost.
What To Expect
En route, listen as your guide shares information about the region and tombs, including the Dingling Tomb, the mausoleum of Emperor Zhu Yijun. Learn how the tomb is the only one excavated among the 13, and how Zhu Yijun ruled between 1572 and 1620, the longest reign of all of China's 16 Ming emperors.
On arrival, hop out and descend into the Dingling tomb with your guide. Explore the chambers to see the displays of stone imperial thrones, statues, and artifacts, and view the replica caskets of Zhu Yijun and his two empresses, who were also buried here. As you explore, hear about China’s Ming dynasty, and the complex rituals that surrounded the burying of their dead.
After a Chinese lunch at a local restaurant, continue to the Longqing Gorge. This steep-walled, zig-zagging river gorge is framed by peaks and considered one of northern China’s natural wonders. Locals have dubbed it the ‘small Li River’ for its resemblance to the stunning karst scenery around the Li in China’s Guilin province.
When you arrive, ride the incredible Flying Dragon escalator—a fibreglass cliffside escalator shaped like a dragon—and take a leisurely cruise along the aquamarine river. Lap up the gorgeous views as you sail, admiring the sheer cliffs and rock formations that loom above the waters and lagoons.
Return to Beijing, where your day trip ends with a central hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Age under 3 is free to join
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Discover Beijing Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.