- Beijing hutong food and beer tour by tuk-tuk
- Explore Beijing’s hutong alleys and the foods locals love
- Food stops at family restaurants and homes you wouldn’t find alone
- Sample staples like Beijing wraps, noodles, and flame-grilled meats
- Enjoy a craft beer tasting at a local brewery
- Explore by private tuk-tuk, with stops for unlimited beers included
- Small group of 10 travelers or fewer
Departure & Return
Meeting Location: Yonghegong (Lama Temple) station services lines 2 and 5. When you get off the train, follow signs to Exit B. We will be upstairs, outside the exit, waiting for you. Show Your Taxi Driver: 请带我去安定门东大街与藏经馆胡同交界处，雍和宫地铁站B口，谢谢
What To Expect
Absorb the historical atmosphere and as you explore, learn about traditional daily life here, including local cuisine. Delve into the bustling lanes and enjoy up to five food stops to sample local specialties, heading off the beaten path to homes or small family restaurants that you wouldn’t find alone.
At each stop, sample a local staple and learn how it’s been made in the same way for generations. Dishes may vary, but expect to savor noodles at a private home, grill meat on open flames, and wrap ingredients into freshly made Beijing wraps.
Between tastings, chat with your guide over unlimited local beer, and finish with more beer—this time courtesy of a local brewery. Sample one of Beijing’s best craft beers at this hutong bar and enjoy a glass of your chosen brew.
Your tour finishes in the area when your guide departs, leaving you with directions back to your hotel or tips on exploring further.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lost Plate
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "A fun way to explore some less visited establishments, particularly if you’re on your own and looking for a like minded group!" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews