- Food-tasting tour in Beijing’s atmospheric hutong neighborhoods
- Tuck into breakfast treats such as deep-fried crullers, crepes, Beijing yogurt, and almond pudding
- Sip traditional beverages including coffee and mung bean milk
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure Address: At Southeast corner of Yonghegong Street & Andingmen East Road (under the 2nd Ring Road), above Yonghegong Metro. Taxi Directions: 雍和宫大街和安定门东大街的东南角 Traffic and taxis can be unpredictable, so to make sure you arrive on time and do not miss your tour, we recommend taking the subway (directions below). In fairness to all who arrived on time, we will leave sharply at the tour start time and do not accept latecomers. Public Transport Directions: Take Line 2/5 to Yonghegong (Lama Temple) station. Take exit F and walk north 200m along Yonghegong Street towards the elevated highway. Meet the guide at the southeast corner of Andingmen East Street and Yonghegong Street. Apple Maps: If you are using Apple Maps, the closest point on their map is The Lama Temple - West Shunshan Building. Please
The tour ends near the intersection of Andingmen Nei Dajie and Gulou Dong Dajie, about a 15-minute walk from either the start point, Beixinqiao Metro (line 5) or Andingmen Metro (line 2).
What To Expect
Enjoy an authentic introduction to Chinese cuisine as you sample a huge variety of foods, starting with delicious silken tofu, topped with savory toppings such as chive flowers. Next, tuck into brown sugar donuts from a halal stall, then taste breakfast specialties such as "baozi"(steamed buns), deep-fried crullers, and sweet soymilk at another popular street food stall. Before you move on, try a glass of fermented mung bean milk, a Beijing elixir that elderly locals swear by, and some jarred Beijing yogurt that can only be found in the capital.
Sip a cup of coffee as you watch your "jianbing" (Chinese crepes) being made. Finish your breakfast banquet with a bowl of sweet almond pudding.
At the end of your tour, your guide can help you find your way back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - advanced notice is required to be able to cater to any dietary restrictions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY UnTour Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff