5 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take advantage of a long layover at the Beijing airport and spend the time visiting the Great Wall on this half-day tour. Get picked up at the airport or a nearby hotel and head to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall to explore. This area features a cable car, chairlift, and a popular toboggan ride.
- This section of the Great Wall is less crowded than Badaling
- Avoid sitting in the airport and instead see a popular attraction
- This tour is recommended for 7-hour layovers or longer
- Tour times are scheduled based on your arrival and departure times
Saved to wishlist!
Speaking basic english driver
Airport or Hotel pick up and drop-off
Warm jackets provided (winter only: November,December,January,February,March)
Cable car / chairlift and toboggan tickets for Great Wall
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
- Beijing Daxing International Airport, GC56+W6C, Daxing District, Beijing, China
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A current valid passport with the visa to the third country is required on the day of travel
- The confirmed connected(fly in/ out of Beijing) flight tickets or boarding pass
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 1 paying adult
- As Great Wall is on the mountain top, so in order to let you speed up to the wall and see Great Wall as much as possible, we suggest you to use cable car instead of 40mins walk each way through mountain path. Save time & energy.
- This tour is not suitable for people who have cardiopathy & asthma.
- If you are not able to go through customs for any reasons, please take your own responsibility. There is no refund for the same day cancellation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beijing Airport Layover Tour
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Layover trip to Mutianyu Great Wall By English Driver?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Layover trip to Mutianyu Great Wall By English Driver?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Layover trip to Mutianyu Great Wall By English Driver
5 to 8 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursAirport & Hotel TransfersLayover Tours Luxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportBeijingBus Tours - Northern ChinaAirport & Hotel Transfers - Northern ChinaLayover Tours - Northern ChinaBus Tours - TianjinAirport & Hotel Transfers - TianjinLayover Tours - TianjinBus Tours - DatongAirport & Hotel Transfers - DatongLayover Tours - DatongCategory
Great Wall from Jinshanling to SimataiGreat Wall at BadalingImperial Vault of HeavenDingling Tomb (Mausoleum of Emperor Wanli)Back Lake (Houhai)ShichahaiBeijing High-Speed Train (Beijing Bullet Train)Yandai Byway (Yandai Xiejie)Temple of Earth (Ditan Park)Shidu Nature ParkNanluoguxiangBeijing National StadiumBeihai Park (Beihai Gongyuan)Gubeikou Great WallQianmen StreetGreat Wall at JiankouHuangyaguan Great Wall (Great Wall at Huangya Pass)Nine Dragon Screen at the Palace MuseumThe Legend of Kung Fu ShowShijia Hutong Museum