- 3-hour evening Barcelona tapas and flamenco tour
- Visit places where the locals eat and shop: a tapas bar in Eixample and a ham shop in Born
- Sample Catalan classics like pa amb tomàquet, Manchego cheese and locally cured serrano ham
- Walk past Barcelona Cathedral and explore the Gothic Quarter
- Watch a fiery flamenco show starring the very best rising stars of the genre
- Sip sangria and eat tapas as you enjoy a night of authentic flamenco entertainment!
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 20 ensures a more intimate experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Meet your guide in central Barcelona near the Palau de la Musica in the evening. You’ll proceed on a relaxed walk through the city to the Eixample neighborhood to make your first tapas stop of the evening at a sleek modernist-style bar. Enjoy plates of some of Barcelona’s most iconic tapas dishes, including patates braves (potatoes cooked in oil with chili, aioli and red pepper), and pa amb tomàquet (bread covered with a tasty mix of tomatoes and olive oil). Observe the chef as they freshly prepare your plate before your eyes, then enjoy this mouth-watering dish with a drink as you feast on the stories of Catalan food culture shared by your guide.
Proceed on foot to your second tapas stop of the evening, listening as your guide shares more insights into the development Barcelona’s food scene, culture and history as you walk. Stop number two is a much-loved neighborhood ham store in the El Born area. Check out the savory legs of jamón serrano (Serrano ham) dangling in the windows before heading inside to taste a choice selection of the shop’s best cheeses (like Manchego) along with its top-notch meats, cured from pigs fed a diet of oil-rich acorns.
Continue walking through El Born, meandering past the old Roman walls and the Barcelona Cathedral (Cathedral of the Holy Cross and Santa Eulalia) as you make your way to the narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter and to the Plaça Reial. This busy nocturnal gathering spot is also the site of your evening’s flamenco performance, hosted in one of the city’s oldest flamenco venues.
Enjoy a glass of cava (sparkling wine) before locating your seat for the show, featuring all the best elements of a traditional flamenco performance with singing, fluid dancing and Spanish guitars. Have some sangria and some plates of gourmet tapas as the dancers captivate you with their incredible flamenco moves.
End your evening at the conclusion of the show, though you’re free to continue the fun at the venue’s roof terrace or in its stylish bar, where you can purchase more drinks if you wish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum drinking age is 18; ID may be required
- This tour operates in English only
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Explore Catalunya
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms