- Ride the Sundance Loop along the Bow River and around Banff, Alberta
- This gentle adventure is suitable for beginners and kids over 8 years old
- You will spend approximately 2-hours on the trail ride
- For safety, age and weight restrictions apply. Helmets are mandatory
Departure & Return
Warner Stables is the big red stables located at the end of Sundance Road in Banff. When you arrive, please check-in for your ride at the office in the east barn which has signs for ‘Warner Stables’ and ‘office’. The stables are located approximately a five minute drive or a 20 minute walk from downtown Banff, and there is plenty of free parking at the site.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All riders must arrive 30 minutes prior to their ride time.
- Guests participating in horseback riding will need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 230lbs. Banff Trail Riders is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests, which means that the minimum age and maximum weight requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- For our foreign visitors we require an understanding of basic English for our horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from our guides.
- Children aged 17 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders.
- Riders must wear long pants and sturdy closed toed shoes enclosed to the ankle - no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels.
- Adults must sign a waiver for all activities, and a waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any person under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders we regrettably cannot accommodate any disabilities or special needs riders. We recognize that disabled riding is a unique and respected skill set that we at the barns do not have the appropriate equipment or skills to safely execute.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Banff Trail Riders
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by 2 Hour Banff Horseback Riding Adventure.