- Learn about Texas history as you explore the capital
- Ride along the car-free path that circles Lady Bird Lake
- Get the scoop on the clubs, bars, and concert venues along the Sixth Street Music district
- See well-known landmarks and favorite local spots
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Segway Nation Austin Address: 1108 Lavaca St Suite 100 Austin, TX 78701 "We face 12th Street between Lavaca and Guadalupe St" Directions: Austin Segway tours is conveniently one block west of the Texas state capitol building in downtown Austin.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin with an orientation to the Segway followed by some time to practice operating the controls. Most people are ready to roll within a few minutes.
Follow your guide through downtown Austin to get a look at some of its iconic sights and hidden gems. Your guide shares informative commentary about the Texas state capital's history and landmarks as you ride past highlights such as the Texas State Capitol Building, the historic Driskill Hotel, the Warehouse entertainment district, the freshly redesigned Second Street District, and the renowned Sixth Street Live Music district. Roll around Lady Bird Lake and down the Texas Walk of Fame, and have plenty of time for photo ops.
Your tour includes a safety briefing, Segway instruction, use of equipment, and guide. After two hours, wind down as you return to your starting point to end your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Minimum age is 14 years old
- Minimum weight of 100 pounds, max weight of 275 pounds
- All participants must sign a liability waiver
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Segway Nation Austin
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Downtown Austin Historic Segway Tour.