- Wine barbecue shuttle from Austin
- Sink your teeth into some classic Texas barbecue dishes at the Salt Lick (own expense)
- Leave the driving to the professionals while tasting Texas Hill Country wine
Departure & Return
Inside the AUSTIN VISITOR CENTER
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The Salt Lick opened in 1967, and became nationally famous after its barbecue was heralded on the Travel Channel in 2008. Salt Lick Cellars planted its vines in 2006 and served up its first bottles of wine in 2008.
Drinks and food are at your own expense. Expect the tastings to cost between $10 to $25. Your tour ends with return to Austin in the mid-afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour departs from the AUSTIN VISITOR CENTER located at 602 E. 4th Street, Austin, TX 78701.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years old.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time for check in. We are unable to delay the tour for guests who arrive late.
- Parking is available in the Austin Convention Center Garage which is connected to the Austin Visitor Center. Enter the garage on E 5th St between Red River and Sabine.
- The tour runs rain or shine, however we reserve the right to cancel the tour in the event of extreme weather and/or hazardous road conditions that would potentially affect the safety of our guides and guests.
- Guests with limited mobility are welcome to bring a wheelchair or portable scooter on board to be folded and placed in the rear of the van. The vans are not equipped with a ramp or wheelchair lift however, so all guests must be able to step up into the vehicle (about 12 inches).
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms or if you are feeling ill in any way, please do not join the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Austin Detours LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by From Austin: Hill Country BBQ & Wine Shuttle.