- North Island combo tour of Hobbiton, Rotorua and Waitomo Caves
- Visit structures of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings claim to fame
- View Pohutu Geyser in Te Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley
- Marvel at glowworms on a boat trip through Waitomo Caves
- Hotel transport available from central Auckland or Rotorua
- Travel one-way or round-trip and be dropped in either city
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 20 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Order of activities can be changed for operational requirements - Tour can start and or finish in Auckland or Rotorua
- You do not get less time to explore Hobbiton if you add other destinations onto your tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are required by law in NZ in private vehicles for children under 7 years. We recommend the same standard be applied for your child's safety and have them available in all vehicles
- Please note that because of the amount of travel time this tour is not suitable for children under 2 years, as part of the group - It can be booked as a private group tour - please ask TripAdvisor/Viator to contact us for the custom price
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves tours are run by local guides and are of a set duration and you get exactly the same time as other visitors who are visiting less places in a day, but with Rotorua you only have approximately 1.5 hours in the area. If you have more time available and are particularly interested in Rotorua we reccomend you either book our overnight tour to the same 3 destinations or buy 2 tours splitting the destinations over 2 days.but putting all 3 destinations in one day is cost effective and for many people just seeing a geyser and a taste of Rotorua is more than enough
- Hobbiton is a reasonably challenging walk - Please advise if you have mobility issues and if it is avaialble we will book a golf cart for you
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY DenbarNZ Ltd ( Trading as FlexiToursNZ )
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "If you want to see the greatness of New Zealand's North Island and the famous sites all in one tour and day with good value, sign up on this tour!" See review
- "Its a long one, over 13 hours and a lot of driving but well worth it!" See review
- "Just a tip, make sure you go the Gift shop first upon arriving at Hobbiton as you won't have much time to browse the 2nd gift shop at the end of the tour." See review