- Enjoy wine tasting at a local winery
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up and round-trip transport by air-conditioned minivan
- See Auckland Harbour Bridge, the Sky Tower and One Tree Hill
- This tour is limited to a maximum of 11 or 14 persons
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Cross back into central Auckland and follow the Tamaki Drive, a dramatic coastal road that winds its way along Waitematā Harbour to Misson Bay. Along the way, pass the glitzy waterfront of Viaduct harbor; spot the iconic Sky Tower looming above the buildings; and stop at lookout points like Achilles Point and Bastion Point.
Next, pay a visit to Cornwall Park to see the legendary One Tree Hill, where your guide will tell you all about the crater hill and its significance to the Maori people. Another beautiful park is the Auckland Domain in the Parnell neighborhood, where you’ll have chance to admire the Wintergarden. Then, get a glimpse of local life as you drive through Ponsonby, one of Auckland’s hippest neighborhoods, and perhaps peek into the shops along Ponsonby road.
After lunch (own expense), it’s time to head out of the city towards the wild west coast and Muriwai Beach. Breathe in the sea air as you stroll the black sand beach, then head to the southern end of the beach to visit one of New Zealand’s most important Gannet breeding colonies. There’s just time to make a stop at one of the wineries along the Kumeu Wine Trail for a wine tasting (included) before heading back to the city. Finally, your tour ends with drop off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Some easy walking is involved. Comfortable shoes recommended
- Minimum Age is 10 years
- We can provide this tour to groups larger than 14 by discussions with Viator and ourselves
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Auckland Scenic Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands